opening day 2010

good conditions up on the hill today for the first day lookin for more terrain to help thin out the public

I went up to the face for the day, 4-6 inches of new snow. How did gore do today in the snowfall department.

Quote Originally Posted by JC7727
    I went up to the face for the day, 4-6 inches of new snow. How did gore do today in the snowfall department.
    I bet WF was most improved over yesterday.

I'd say Gore got 4 inches at the top of Bear.

They were blowing today and I'm sure they are blowing tonight.

Opening Day at Gore
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Surprisingly good, especially since the weather did not look promising on Friday.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

For opening weekend, I thought Gore skied great. Remember last year?... Both Gore & WF were forced to push opening day back to the first weekend in December, and conditions weren't nearly as good as we had this weekend at both mountains. Between the couple inches of snow that fell on Sat and solid snowmaking, conditions on Sunday (the day I skied) were excellent. I really appreciated having the advanced terrain (Topridge) open this early (it was just Day 2!). Kudos to the snowmaking crew. More pics and a short write-up here:

http://saratogaskier.blogspot.com/20...g-weekend.html