Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opening week!

opening week!

Hey guys. Figured I break the silence on the start of the season. How are conditions? I went up on Saturday. Seemed really nice in the morning. Some nice bumps at the top of excelsior. but got icy as time went on. Great to get my ski legs back under me again! Heard essex was open. Anyone got any info on what they're planning on opening this weekend? Thx!

Looks like a good week ahead for the face, could easily see a foot of new snow by the end of next week.

Where are you seeing that weather report? I see "Snow" on the weather.com site for Sunday, but don't see anything about amounts.

Its my forecast

heard something about a cut off low thats gonna keep spinning snow in on the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by freeheeln
    heard something about a cut off low thats gonna keep spinning snow in on the mountains
    Thar she blows...

sorry can't make it smaller....
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

What's the difference if WF gets snow, you can't ski it anyway. It looks like the mountain is closed for wind hold during the first good snow storm of the year. And what's the deal with that webcam? It goes blank all the time. I was told by a ORDA IT employee that the mountain is to cheap to pay for the bandwidth needed to run it properly. Maybe Blazer should take a pay cut for the good of the Mt.

Hey its still much better than having no webcam....ie gore.

Whiteface getting some nice snow today.

What a beautiful sight today! Snowing hard. Yippee!!

Quote Originally Posted by JC7727
    Looks like a good week ahead for the face, could easily see a foot of new snow by the end of next week.
    looks like a foot of new snow so far...