What a difference a day makes. The wind was blowing like crazy today. Face lift was up and down all day. Past mid-station the wind was blowing so hard I felt I was going to get blown off. The Summit Chair, Lookout Chair, and Gondola were all closed due to incredibly fierce winds. So, I headed over to Wilderness Trail.

Wilderness was mainly protected from the wind and had about 25 guns on it blowing snow like crazy. The new blown snow was piling up. Near the snow guns big drops were forming. At one area near the top of the run a 20 foot drop had formed on skiers left. Fun little air with a soft landing. In front of the guns nicely lined up soft bumps had formed. Nestled between the guns the snow was rarely skied and was piling up. Lots of skiing to be had in there. I was covered from head to toe with ice and snow from the guns but I kept going back for more. About 20 runs later my legs were shot, my back was killing me, and my face was frozen so I headed down. Great day on wilderness.

The rest of the mountain had been blown hard though and on many of the wider trails most of the snow had blown into the woods. Mountain Run was a skating rink.

More snow please!

matt