season ends soon

and too bad this forum is dead too.
    Has there lately (last 10 years) been a better late-season with the Slides open so many days?
    Anyone has statistics on Slides # of days open/year ?
    GK

A sad day indeed. The end of ski season always coincides with tax season which leads to a double depression for me.

and yes, this board is dead. RIP

Re: season ends soon

Quote Originally Posted by GK
    and too bad this forum is dead too.
    Has there lately (last 10 years) been a better late-season with the Slides open so many days?
    Anyone has statistics on Slides # of days open/year ?
    GK
    As I recall, last year was pretty good to but not as good as this year. Trying to get some hard numbers.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

I wasn't able to get any specific numbers, but I did get this from Aaron:

"The last few years the Slides have been open more than average. This year they've been open for 12 days. I think we are at a more comfortable place with how we manage them. We encourage patrol to evaluate their status daily. Patrol knows how much the skiers and riders love them ... and many members of the patrol have been furthering their education in avalanche forecasting and emergency back country rescue."
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Thanks Harvey!
    I also realized that the spirit of this forum moved to http://www.nyskiblog.com/p/harvey-road-forum.html
    but by reflex, I still come here before realizing no more.
    GK