Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weather report looking grim

Next 6 days will all be above 40 degrees with at least some rain forcasted for 5 of those days. We all need to pray to the snow gods immediately!!!!

Re: Weather report looking grim

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    Next 6 days will all be above 40 degrees with at least some rain forcasted for 5 of those days. We all need to pray to the snow gods immediately!!!!
    the forcast this morning was rain today and tomorrow, but weekend looks sunny. where are you getting your info and stop being such a downer. and its barely raining..its a LIGHT drizzle that you cant even feel if you are walking outside to get a snickers latte...YUM!

I was just going off the weather link on the Whiteface page. Im not there, so I dont know the condition. All I know is that here in Canton NY it was raining, not just a drizzle, all damn day. Just stopped about a half hour ago. Im an hour and a half west of Whiteface, so thats good to hear its not that bad.

we return to cold by next wednesday. i'm thinkin' BIG storm late next week. BIG one. BIG BIG BIG!

Accuweather is showing cold air back in place by Wed of next week, with 4 inches of snow in the forecast Monday night into Tuesday.

Ok, so that possible snow tonite into tomorrow is really only going to be an inch and a half of rain to go with the 50 degree temps........along with a trail count that has dropped into the 50's. What a shame to take this hit.

On the bright side, once we get past tomorrow Accuweather isn't showing any temps above freezing for the next week and a half. Start doing the snow dances now.

I'm sure the spring conditions were sweet over the weekend, but anybody have any comments of how much of a beating the base has taken? It's been very foggy down here, and snow and fog aren't very good friends . Hope the fog hasn't socked in up on the mountian.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIdds
    I'm sure the spring conditions were sweet over the weekend, but anybody have any comments of how much of a beating the base has taken? It's been very foggy down here, and snow and fog aren't very good friends . Hope the fog hasn't socked in up on the mountian.
    Upper mountain had plenty of snow yesterday, lower is starting to get thin in spots. We will definately need help from Mother Nature to get to the tenative closing date of 4/16.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I was there on Tuesday and then again on Sat and the difference was HUGE. Whiteface will need a dump if they want to be open into April.

Me thinks the doom & gloomers in here need a reality check. It's March 13. It's still winter in the mountains and will be for at least another 5-6 weeks. More snow will fall at Whiteface make no mistake. I too didn't like the damage to the base I saw on Saturday but I had prepared myself for it. Snow tomorrow, wed and thurs and possibly something bigger at end of week. Chin up!

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    Me thinks the doom & gloomers in here need a reality check. It's March 13. It's still winter in the mountains and will be for at least another 5-6 weeks. More snow will fall at Whiteface make no mistake. I too didn't like the damage to the base I saw on Saturday but I had prepared myself for it. Snow tomorrow, wed and thurs and possibly something bigger at end of week. Chin up!
    I definitely agree with you, FHW. Let's all hope for some more snow. It's too early for the season to end just yet
    Skier 4 Life