View Poll Results: What's you're ticket to Whiteface?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Season's Pass (including holidays)

6 60.00%
  • Non Holiday Season Pass

1 10.00%
  • Whiteface only season pass

1 10.00%
  • Day Ticket

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Non Holiday Pass

A little birdy told me that next year's non-holiday pass goes on sale March 20 (good for the rest of this season)
    The price this year goes up to $349. However it will include 2 holiday days (don't know what ones)

Im not surprised...

I wouldnt hold my breath regarding whether or not passes will go up next season... they always do...sigh. However at 63 bucks a pop for day passes, you'd be crazy not to take advantage of the savings from a season's pass. Personally, i think the non-holiday passes are a joke. It is true that i like to steer clear of the xmas week, the mtn gets taken over by new jersey! But, a lot of those holiday days are great riding days too...
    Some food for thought:
    Isnt Whiteface Mtn. owned and operated by the state of NY? Great to see they pass along the profits by offering a great deal on season's passes and day passes (please sense the sarcasm)

Re: Non Holiday Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Drifter
    A little birdy told me that next year's non-holiday pass goes on sale March 20 (good for the rest of this season)
    The price this year goes up to $349. However it will include 2 holiday days (don't know what ones)
    christmas eve is one..which doesnt help me at all because i go home. it is going to be $349. this year i got a gore/wface because i missed the deadline for the wface only. it was only $449, but i havnt been to gore at all and i doubt i will. i still couldnt ski on any holidays.

Re: Im not surprised...

Quote Originally Posted by FCBHOLESHOT13
    Isnt Whiteface Mtn. owned and operated by the state of NY? Great to see they pass along the profits by offering a great deal on season's passes and day passes (please sense the sarcasm)
    Profits? As a cost accountant I don't see how they can make any money. The place is hardly ever at full capacity (people wise) and the operating costs must be through the roof. Insurance alone takes half of every day ticket. I'd love to see their books. Any profit is a minor miricle.

Re: Im not surprised...

Quote Originally Posted by FCBHOLESHOT13
    Profits? As a cost accountant I don't see how they can make any money. The place is hardly ever at full capacity (people wise) and the operating costs must be through the roof. Insurance alone takes half of every day ticket. I'd love to see their books. Any profit is a minor miricle.
    not to mention the fact that they barely get any snow and have to make most of it.

Profits??

Estimate cost just for propane when pumping max out is something crazy like 4Gs a week!!

349 is good deal

Re: Profits??

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    Estimate cost just for propane when pumping max out is something crazy like 4Gs a week!!

349 is good deal
    I've been told it costs $10,000 a day to make snow. At $349 if you only go 5.5 times you break even.

349 is good deal
    I've been told it costs $10,000 a day to make snow. At $349 if you only go 5.5 times you break even.
    its not cheap and its five times denser than natural snow. I love natural snow! its natural snowing right now!

349 is good deal
    its not cheap and its five times denser than natural snow. I love natural snow! its natural snowing right now!
    yes and with that wind its naturally blowing right into the woods! DOH!

Im not compaining about the cost of season's passes... just the cost of lift tickets. I know that they need to make a profit and all that but why cant they offer day passes at a more competitive rate... Nearly all the ski resorts on the east coast have a cheaper day rate than whiteface... my god, Vail is cheaper in most rates than whiteface...
    I could care less if some bonehead from new jersey has to pay $63 to ski for the day, but when i have to shell out that much for a pass for my girlfriend is ridiculous. There should be discount rates for season pass holders, and there should be considerable discounts for long time season pass holders... i know ive been purchasing a seasons pass for the past 12 years +. Call me cheap, but I think i deserve some love from Whiteface and ORDA.