View Poll Results: Whats your favorite brand of helmet?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giro Nine or Fuse

2 66.67%
  • R.E.D. (burton)

0 0%
  • Carerra

0 0%
  • Pro-tec

0 0%
  • Boeri

1 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIdds
    Yes, but sometimes trying to be all things to all people isn't a good thing. Jack of all, master of none, if you know what I mean..
    You speak with forked tounge. I agree Lange makes a great boot if you have the foot for it, but if you're inferring that Nordica makes inferrior ones with your "master of none" take you have an opinion that most people who know what they're talking about don't share.

I know they are a few years old, but I love my K2 Fours. Nothing I can't ski well on them. Groomers, ice, trees, bumps.....only had them in powder once, but they even did ok there.
    A few? I think they came out around the same year as the yo-yo. Seriously, if you ski alot and keep them tuned I'm supprised you have an edge left on them. K2 came out with those 3 or 4 years before the K2 Merlin took their spot in K2's lineup.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Without removing the liners from your boots, there is no way they will dry out overnight. I just can't imagine putting on a wet boot in the am.
    I got a portabel boot dryer for $20. Plug it in, takes about an hour.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

but if you're inferring that Nordica makes inferrior ones......
    I do think Lange makes a better boot, not that Nordica doesn't make pretty darn good boots . If Lange is the master, Nordica plays a pretty darned good second fiddle......but it is still second fiddle . Of course that is just one man's opinion and we are splitting hairs, as you know. And yes, Langes aren't for everyone, hence the "if you can get properly fitted" part.

As for those Fours, well......I'm a sucker for a good old stand by, and I don't ski nearly as often as I'd like so the tuning thing isn't an issue. I got my pair the year the Merlin came out, seeing as the Fours were a boat load cheaper and not very much different. Hard to improve on a good thing, you know. I'll be due for new skis soon I suppose, but like they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've skied on a few other boards since I got mine, and haven't been inspired to run out and buy something new. Yeah, yeah, yeah....I may not know what I'm missing, but there isn't anywhere on the mountian I won't keep up with just about anyone .

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Without removing the liners from your boots, there is no way they will dry out overnight. I just can't imagine putting on a wet boot in the am.
    Sorry, I should have specified that for those too cheap to spend $20, without removing the liner, etc., etc............

Sorry, I should have specified that for those too cheap to spend $20, without removing the liner, etc., etc............
    just stick them in front of a heater or heat source...you have that dont you? just dont stick them directly on the heater, they melt..ask phineas

definately

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    How about the unofficial official ski of Whiteface’s Host, Safety and Ski patrolls – the Nordica Speedmachine 14. Its stiff, fast, powerful, great edge hold, rebound out of a turn, and all the turn shapes.

Even with that stiff tail they ski well in bumps, they’re nice in trees. Waisted at 67mm they don’t have a lot of float, but S4L was eatin up the Slides with them none the less.

Now if you want an East Coast ski that does everything great then you go with the greatest recreational ski known to man, the Nordica Hot Rod Top Fuel.

Boots you say? With 8 different series, countless models, 6 different lasts and a variety of flex indexes, Nordica has a boot perfect for everybody.
    Wow - sounds good. know any reps?

Any one that can make turns are going to have there own opinion on what skiis work best up there. I would say if a person that does not visit whiteface often is reading this the best thing to do is dress realy warm. Lots of layers and wear face protection. Nothing turns a newby off faster than being cold. Ok maybe size 7 boots when you have a size 9 foot.
    Layering is definately crucial at most times at Whiteface. Wearing the proper layers insulates your core as well as provides protection to your extremeties (hands, feet, face, nose, etc.) For a midwinter day at whiteface I start with a base layer of underarmour... some people love it (like me), and others think its a gimmick. Personally, i feel that the underarmour keeps my skin dry and wicks away the sweat i create during riding. It keeps my skin comfortably cool, not hot and clammy as some poly underwear can feel. After the base layer i usuallylayer one or two lawers of polartec fleece on my upper body. After these layers come the protective layers of my outerwear. So, if I get hot i can swap out a layer of fleece depending on my core temperature. Remember that proper insulating of your core will also benefit your extremeties. As far as my lower-body I usually just wear my underarmour layer and then my pants. I dont need an extra layer on my legs because my core is well insulated. This in turn supplies my legs and feet with warmer blood to keep them warm and loose. Some people wear a fleece layer on the bottom, but i find i dont need this unless its well below zero. I often wear a pair of b ball shorts underneath when its real cold, or if im gonna be taking the chance of smashin my butt, like in the park. I like to wear a thinner, less bukly, poly ski sock. Ive found that your boots stay much warmer if they arent jammed up with thick thick socks. For my hands I almost always wear gloves. For real cold conditions one should think about mittens if gloves just arent cuttin it. Mittens allow your entire hand to share the warmth of the mitten with all the fingers together. Personally, mittens make my hands sweat too much and in turn arent as warm as a good pair of gloves. As far as face protection goes its important to try a few different methods of protection. I cant stand anything touching my chin and face, and i dont care for the way fleece neck warmers get clammy after you breathe on them a bit. I look for outerwear jackets with a high neck cuff and an attached hood. This allows me to give my face and neck some protection from the cold, while allowing my head and neck to move independently from the jacket. There are scores of different styles of neck/face warmers/protection. Go to your local shop and try em all out and see which works best for you. However way you keep warm on the mtn is your thing, and do whatever works for you...

Re: definately

Quote Originally Posted by FCBHOLESHOT13
    Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    How about the unofficial official ski of Whiteface’s Host, Safety and Ski patrolls – the Nordica Speedmachine 14. Its stiff, fast, powerful, great edge hold, rebound out of a turn, and all the turn shapes.

Even with that stiff tail they ski well in bumps, they’re nice in trees. Waisted at 67mm they don’t have a lot of float, but S4L was eatin up the Slides with them none the less.

Now if you want an East Coast ski that does everything great then you go with the greatest recreational ski known to man, the Nordica Hot Rod Top Fuel.

Boots you say? With 8 different series, countless models, 6 different lasts and a variety of flex indexes, Nordica has a boot perfect for everybody.
    Wow - sounds good. know any reps?

Any one that can make turns are going to have there own opinion on what skiis work best up there. I would say if a person that does not visit whiteface often is reading this the best thing to do is dress realy warm. Lots of layers and wear face protection. Nothing turns a newby off faster than being cold. Ok maybe size 7 boots when you have a size 9 foot.
    Layering is definately crucial at most times at Whiteface. Wearing the proper layers insulates your core as well as provides protection to your extremeties (hands, feet, face, nose, etc.) For a midwinter day at whiteface I start with a base layer of underarmour... some people love it (like me), and others think its a gimmick. Personally, i feel that the underarmour keeps my skin dry and wicks away the sweat i create during riding. It keeps my skin comfortably cool, not hot and clammy as some poly underwear can feel. After the base layer i usuallylayer one or two lawers of polartec fleece on my upper body. After these layers come the protective layers of my outerwear. So, if I get hot i can swap out a layer of fleece depending on my core temperature. Remember that proper insulating of your core will also benefit your extremeties. As far as my lower-body I usually just wear my underarmour layer and then my pants. I dont need an extra layer on my legs because my core is well insulated. This in turn supplies my legs and feet with warmer blood to keep them warm and loose. Some people wear a fleece layer on the bottom, but i find i dont need this unless its well below zero. I often wear a pair of b ball shorts underneath when its real cold, or if im gonna be taking the chance of smashin my butt, like in the park. I like to wear a thinner, less bukly, poly ski sock. Ive found that your boots stay much warmer if they arent jammed up with thick thick socks. For my hands I almost always wear gloves. For real cold conditions one should think about mittens if gloves just arent cuttin it. Mittens allow your entire hand to share the warmth of the mitten with all the fingers together. Personally, mittens make my hands sweat too much and in turn arent as warm as a good pair of gloves. As far as face protection goes its important to try a few different methods of protection. I cant stand anything touching my chin and face, and i dont care for the way fleece neck warmers get clammy after you breathe on them a bit. I look for outerwear jackets with a high neck cuff and an attached hood. This allows me to give my face and neck some protection from the cold, while allowing my head and neck to move independently from the jacket. There are scores of different styles of neck/face warmers/protection. Go to your local shop and try em all out and see which works best for you. However way you keep warm on the mtn is your thing, and do whatever works for you...
    wow - you must have OCD