View Poll Results: What's you're ticket to Whiteface?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Season's Pass (including holidays)

6 60.00%
  • Non Holiday Season Pass

1 10.00%
  • Whiteface only season pass

1 10.00%
  • Day Ticket

2 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBHOLESHOT13
    Im not compaining about the cost of season's passes... just the cost of lift tickets. I know that they need to make a profit and all that but why cant they offer day passes at a more competitive rate... Nearly all the ski resorts on the east coast have a cheaper day rate than whiteface... my god, Vail is cheaper in most rates than whiteface...
    I could care less if some bonehead from new jersey has to pay $63 to ski for the day, but when i have to shell out that much for a pass for my girlfriend is ridiculous. There should be discount rates for season pass holders, and there should be considerable discounts for long time season pass holders... i know ive been purchasing a seasons pass for the past 12 years +. Call me cheap, but I think i deserve some love from Whiteface and ORDA.
    what comparible mountain is cheaper than whiteface?

they have a three pack where they offer discounts and there are discounts on mid week tickets. if she skis more than 5 times, get her a whiteface only season pass doofus.

Nearly all the ski resorts on the east coast have a cheaper day rate than whiteface.
    Non Holiday weekend rates at other east coast resorts:

Killington 72
    Mount Snow 71
    Stratton 71
    Okemo 69
    Sugarbush 63

As far as I can tell Vail is 81.

Some of these resorts offer a cheaper mid week non holiday ticket. Jay offers a lower non holiday weekend day rate. I don't even know if Stowe offers a one day (two day is all they show on their site).

While I agree that lift tickets have gotten a little out of hand, Whiteface is not charging more than other major east copast resorts.

Hmm, I guess I was wrong... I would like to see a discount day pass for season pass holders. Jay does this with great success. $35 gets you a full day pass when you show your Whiteface season's pass.

Pass Prices and Profits

While Whiteface is relative to the prices of what other resorts in the east cost, it should be noted that Whiteface is run by ORDA which is a government subsidiary. One of purposes of the $200 million grant that ORDA was given in 1981 was to "improve the physical fitness and recreational education of citizens of new york" (that is directly from its mandate). Based on this it would only seem fair that there was some type of discount for New York residents. Also the $349 season pass is the same as ski America charges for a season pass that includes Killington, Pico, Attitash, Sugarbush, Mount Snow, and Sunday River.

As far as making a profit, Gore mountain had revenues of $6.625+ million last year, not including the anything from summer operations (something like $70,000) and I am not sure what there operating costs are, but I just thought I would throw those numbers out there.