Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: super pipe?

Pipe riders

Dudes come on w/ all that negativity.. MoNat was consistently inconsistent this season. just brutal. WF values the JibNation crowd but has some unique factors that spreads resources thin at times.

First, WF is long and wide - takes significant amounts of manAmade to cover our trails. Second, we had world cup moguls to prepare for and weather was not helping; so lots of time/energy/money went to ensure a pre-Olympic event was the best it could be. Third, WF has serious commitments to junior racing programs and race trails need safe snow surfaces (JOs, Empire State Games). Fourth, the world cup snowboard event required a much larger pipe than I bet any mtn in the east built this season. Many times, during this season, WF attempted to build the pipe but weather always put the brakes on.

Holiday weeks are huge priority and for both Christmas and Presidents week the lead up was rain/warm wind/freeze so resources were diverted to address dangerous trial surfaces (again the long/wide factor adds to recovery time)

So it just was not in the cards this season - but its there now so have fun and take advantage!

Overall I think WF rocked as best they could this year and I appreciate their efforts!

Re: Pipe riders

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    Dudes come on w/ all that negativity.. MoNat was consistently inconsistent this season. just brutal. WF values the JibNation crowd but has some unique factors that spreads resources thin at times.

First, WF is long and wide - takes significant amounts of manAmade to cover our trails. Second, we had world cup moguls to prepare for and weather was not helping; so lots of time/energy/money went to ensure a pre-Olympic event was the best it could be. Third, WF has serious commitments to junior racing programs and race trails need safe snow surfaces (JOs, Empire State Games). Fourth, the world cup snowboard event required a much larger pipe than I bet any mtn in the east built this season. Many times, during this season, WF attempted to build the pipe but weather always put the brakes on.

Holiday weeks are huge priority and for both Christmas and Presidents week the lead up was rain/warm wind/freeze so resources were diverted to address dangerous trial surfaces (again the long/wide factor adds to recovery time)

So it just was not in the cards this season - but its there now so have fun and take advantage!

Overall I think WF rocked as best they could this year and I appreciate their efforts!
    quit trying to suck up and get a quote on the home page!

Re: Pipe riders

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavolion
    Quote Originally Posted by Phineas

quit trying to suck up and get a quote on the home page!
    whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    SOD shut up. Whiteface didnt try their hardest to get a pipe up and you know it. Every other resort that wanted to put one up did, and they had the same crappy January weather that Whiteface did. Just becuase you dont want a pipe, doesnt mean hundreds of other paying customers dont. Plus, it will attract more people to the mt. More people = more money for snowmaking, maybe even that expansion I keep hearing about but never see any progress on. Also, before you flame me for adding people to the mt. look at the setup Whiteface has going for them. I cant think of a single resort that Ive been to in NE that has a better setup for just a halfpipe. They have a lift right next to the pipe that will quarantine all the park rats there, leaving the goods to you. Wheres the problem? Just because youve got a thing against boarders doesnt mean you have to have a thing against the pipe, last I checked skiers ride pipe as well. Arent you supposed to be one of those hospitality guys anyways? Id like to see the reactions you give the gapers on the weekends from Jersey.
    There's some hospitality right there. I express my view and get that reaction. Nice real nice. I know for a FACT that they tried but because they have other priorities like getting the top open early and keeping the trails covered they didn't have a lot of resourses to devote to the pipe. Don't tell me want I want and don't want. I love when the pipe is open because it frees up room on the mountain. And I don't hate snowboards. I know a lot of them. I'm just sick of hearing all the whining and crying about it not being open. I treat everyone on the mountain with respect unlike the way you treat people in this forum. Have a nice life.

I'll agree, in all they did a dam good job. Yes I am very happy with what we have, but I think we can do better.

BTW I am not a pipe rat, just an all mountain tele skier who likes to switch it up. Woods, groomers, park, pipe any where really. Most people I meet who do not like the pipe can not use it, it scares them IMO Not much beats a sunny 50 degree plus day in the pipe with the reggea tunes kickin.

Bottom line WF is not a charity org. they need to make money and user input (negative whining to some) is needed.

Peace

[quote="frashdog"]
    Bottom line WF is not a charity org. they need to make money and user input (negative whining to some) is needed.

Peace
    No doubt and lots of constructive criticism worked to re-direct snowmaking to upper mtn earlier this season (on skyward be4 Christmas - how cool was that!)

and the new slide policy - that was a local rumble that helped to influence better slide access - yep constructive criticism works well....

I agree w/ U as well that WF offers a great total package and we can keep making it better (wish constructive criticism could effect a positive change w/ the weather though!!)

2001 - O what a second half of a season that was!! Snow strorms through third week of April!!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Drifter
    SOD shut up. Whiteface didnt try their hardest to get a pipe up and you know it. Every other resort that wanted to put one up did, and they had the same crappy January weather that Whiteface did. Just becuase you dont want a pipe, doesnt mean hundreds of other paying customers dont. Plus, it will attract more people to the mt. More people = more money for snowmaking, maybe even that expansion I keep hearing about but never see any progress on. Also, before you flame me for adding people to the mt. look at the setup Whiteface has going for them. I cant think of a single resort that Ive been to in NE that has a better setup for just a halfpipe. They have a lift right next to the pipe that will quarantine all the park rats there, leaving the goods to you. Wheres the problem? Just because youve got a thing against boarders doesnt mean you have to have a thing against the pipe, last I checked skiers ride pipe as well. Arent you supposed to be one of those hospitality guys anyways? Id like to see the reactions you give the gapers on the weekends from Jersey.
    There's some hospitality right there. I express my view and get that reaction. Nice real nice. I know for a FACT that they tried but because they have other priorities like getting the top open early and keeping the trails covered they didn't have a lot of resourses to devote to the pipe. Don't tell me want I want and don't want. I love when the pipe is open because it frees up room on the mountain. And I don't hate snowboards. I know a lot of them. I'm just sick of hearing all the whining and crying about it not being open. I treat everyone on the mountain with respect unlike the way you treat people in this forum. Have a nice life.

Excuse me but you opened up this can of worms there buddy so be prepared for the heat when it gets shot back. This is a forum about Whiteface, and I can complain about things all I want. Last I checked Im a paying customer, and if I feel improvements can be made, Im within my rights to mention them. Frashdog makes a great point in that user input is how the mt is made better as a whole. My point above was just because YOU felt that resources were better spent elsewhere doesnt mean everyone feels the same way. Just like if Whiteface turned into Mt. Creek NJ Im sure YOU would be the first the first to bitch and whine. And if you think people have been bitching about it to much, then your just a tad sensitive there sally, I havent heard much of any complaining. I feel like this forum is just turning into a form of advertising for Whiteface. Pretty unfortunate as I felt this would have been a great place. Ill keep my thoughts elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Drifter

Excuse me but you opened up this can of worms there buddy so be prepared for the heat when it gets shot back. This is a forum about Whiteface, and I can complain about things all I want. Last I checked Im a paying customer, and if I feel improvements can be made, Im within my rights to mention them. Frashdog makes a great point in that user input is how the mt is made better as a whole. My point above was just because YOU felt that resources were better spent elsewhere doesnt mean everyone feels the same way. Just like if Whiteface turned into Mt. Creek NJ Im sure YOU would be the first the first to bitch and whine. And if you think people have been bitching about it to much, then your just a tad sensitive there sally, I havent heard much of any complaining. I feel like this forum is just turning into a form of advertising for Whiteface. Pretty unfortunate as I felt this would have been a great place. Ill keep my thoughts elsewhere.
    There really is a god.

When everyone agrees all the time a forum can become stale. The trick is not to make it personal or a flame war starts. Sometimes flame wars start on purpose then it's a death match to see who can be the most witty. I was certainly quilty of that at RSN and have tried to mend my ways here so it doesn't go the way of RSN. We can disagree and kid with each other, just keep it above the belt. All opinions are welcome, both positive and negative.

As Phineas pointed out constructive criticism can have a positive effect. I believe management at WF listens and tries to make all there customers happy. It’s just hard to please all the people all the time.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

RSN was a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    As Phineas pointed out constructive criticism can have a positive effect. I believe management at WF listens and tries to make all there customers happy. It’s just hard to please all the people all the time.
    the correct use would be "their" customers - just think where over THERE when confussed about the their/there!