Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gore parks

were kinda workin on the dialogue right now, we gotta find out the money issue then maybe toos around some ideas for how to get more funding. whiteface has enough tourism so funding will keep going there, i think gore needs some more events- mybe make the big air actually big with helmets required and a 15$ fee, with a 40 footer, and a waiver. then maybe. just remember battesh, 30 degrees for a landing.
    --------------------------

fight for a good park.

Well, Gore is looking for a new park manager because the guy who was in charge of the parks is probably going back to grooming. You guys should apply for the job.

Gore is probably right that they have a base of other skiers and they don't really need to worry about the park/pipe crowd. But, it is a segment of the skiing population that they are missing out on and if they are really serious about drawing people away from the VT mountains, they should address the issue ASAP.

I did note in the other thread that once the Ski Bowl/Gore interconnect is completed, there will be a lighted pipe/park available for night skiing. Hopefully, it will be a little stronger than the stuff they have set up now.

Yea it's not set in stone yet that Jason will be a groomer, but that's the way it's looking now. I think the new park manager will just be one of the snowboarders that did nothing in the park, but was park crew last year, unless someone completly new with experiance comes around. Yea so were pretty much looking at a worse park then last year.

good call^. also, how many people died or were seriously injured last year just by skiing? or in glades? i know i heard a new story almost every weekend. and people going technically off trail in the glades do so at their own risk with a high risk of getting lost or hitting a tree. however i hear no stories of someone who died from falling on a park jump.also, if they are concerned about liability issues on jumps, how could you sue for hitting a jump? doesnt the purchase of a ticket or pass have a statement on the back saying that you ski at your own risk?

fight for a good park.

This is what it could be.(Sleighrides has way more potential than Gully)

20 foot flat rail >> 30 foot down rail >> 35 foot flat-down rail

20 foot flat box >> 30 foot up box >> 35 foot flat down rail

30 foot jump.

I'd be totally stoked and happy, but chances are subtract 15 feet from all those measurements...

"I'd be totally stoked and happy, but chances are subtract 15 feet from all those measurements..."

35-15=20=better then 8...

fight for a good park.

also i hear there is a "suprise" in the works but have yet to figure it out.

fight for a good park.

20 is better than 8, if the following features grow exponentially, not shrink at that rate.

The surprise, well I can only speculate it but my guess is it's going to be the friday/saturday night park over at the Ski Bowl along with a "pipe" in the next two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmorry326
    20 is better than 8, if the following features grow exponentially, not shrink at that rate.

The surprise, well I can only speculate it but my guess is it's going to be the friday/saturday night park over at the Ski Bowl along with a "pipe" in the next two years.

nope. its this year, comes in dozens, and is from the sky, according to dane. they know what it is, but jay wont release it. an d dane said it was gay, so idunno. i heard a rumor about a quarter pipe on the face, but i have no idea.

fight for a good park.

Quote Originally Posted by alexcaraco
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmorry326

nope. its this year, comes in dozens, and is from the sky, according to dane. they know what it is, but jay wont release it. an d dane said it was gay, so idunno. i heard a rumor about a quarter pipe on the face, but i have no idea.
    Things that come in dozens from the ski. A foot of snow. 12 rails helicoptered in. A QP on the face would be a wreck(everyone would ski into it to test it out) At least make the QP at the end of your actual park(Sleighride).

P.S. I'm claiming Gully isn't even a park anymore, personally. They should make sleighride 1/2 decent and put all the shiesty 8 foot rails in gully.