Thread: Snowmaking

Snowmaking

The website says they're making snow on the lower mountain today. I was talking to one of the snowmakers who was skiing last weekend and he told me there was no WF would make any more snow this season. I'm sure glad he was wrong, making snow here and there where needed can extend our season.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Re: Snowmaking

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    The website says they're making snow on the lower mountain today. I was talking to one of the snowmakers who was skiing last weekend and he told me there was no WF would make any more snow this season. I'm sure glad he was wrong, making snow here and there where needed can extend our season.
    HPD you made my day. I didn't think there was a shot but I knew that's what they needed to do. Plenty of snow up high but down low it's thin. Thank you sir!

Snowmaking on the Lower Mountain

Wow, I hope your right, HPD. I can't remember the last time they made snow in March. Maybe they didn't 'blow' their whole SM budget after all... no pun intended.

P.S. I thought they needed special permission to pull water from the river beyond the end of February. I'm not one to complain, just not sure what the policy is. Does anyone have any info. on why
    Skier 4 Life

Re: Snowmaking on the Lower Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Skier 4 Life
    Wow, I hope your right, HPD. I can't remember the last time they made snow in March. Maybe they didn't 'blow' their whole SM budget after all... no pun intended.

P.S. I thought they needed special permission to pull water from the river beyond the end of February. I'm not one to complain, just not sure what the policy is. Does anyone have any info. on why
    I'm just going buy the website info. Steve the saftey patroller told me that because of the warm spills they only used 80% of their snowmaking budget.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I'm just going buy the website info. Steve the saftey patroller told me that because of the warm spills they only used 80% of their snowmaking budget.
    I am positive that any snowmaking this time of year is for repairs.

Re: Defiinitive

Just came from there. Skiing was ok, granular & stiff patches. There making snow where the wind took away down low.

Re: Definitive (i M not a wurld champiun spellR)

Quote Originally Posted by skigolfhunt

Just came from there. Skiing was ok, granular & stiff patches. There making snow where the wind took away down low.

they are making snow because they have no choice if they want to get rid of iceface image. this is a huge weekend with people from all over coming. they simply could not have any icy mountain.

Ice?

What's that? Are you talking about the "hard packed granular" I prefer to call it "racing snow". I had a great day today but gotta head south this afternoon. Best was lower sky below yellow dot trail. worst was lower sky above YDT.

Can't believe SGH left so early. He must have an early tee time.