Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    But how was the skiing?

Re: which route?

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    U went rouses point and the land bridge right??

how was Jay?
    Yep ... up to exit 42 and across the bridge. It was pretty good ... they had gotten about 6-8 inches overnight Saturday into Sunday morning ... The "trails" were essentially 6 inches of light powder on top of a hard-pack and frozen surface. The trees were really nice ... lots of untracked powder for most of the morning ... by mid-day, a lot of the really fresh stuff had been tracked up, but there was still plenty to be had if you wanted it. Definitely a tree-skier's mountain ... not enough vertical and/or steeps on the regular trails for my tastes, but if you're looking to spend a day in the trees, it's definitely the right place to go!

I'm not that experienced in the glades, just started a year or two ago, and my skis are way too long for it, but I definitely had a good day. It was well worth getting up at 5 AM and driving three hours for, followed by a 6+ hour drive home at the end of the day!!! It was a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to "live" there ... Whiteface will always be my home!

Quote Originally Posted by Face4Me
    It was a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to "live" there ... Whiteface will always be my home!
    Nice.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Face4Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    U went rouses point and the land bridge right??

how was Jay?
    It was a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to "live" there ... !
    My beautiful girlfriend, after an excellent couple day stint of powder tree skiing at Jay, told me on the way home that if I ever made her relocate to Troy, VT she would sit in the trailer and cry all day! I guess it was too "rural" for her tastes; but man the tree skiing rocks there!