Death this morning

Greg

I fell in the exact same place 3 weeks ago. When I was skiing there was nothing but beautiful powder above and all of a sudden there was a patch of ice that no sharp edge could hold. Fortunately I was able to stop my slide before I hit the tree line below and I always wear a helmet. I would venture to say that if he didn’t have a helmet on he might have been knocked unconscious and wasn’t able to stop himself. Two in one week is not a good thing. My deepest sympathies to the family.

This is what was going through my mind when my ski came off at the edge lower skyward. The run was a sheet except at the edge. Don't know what made the ski pop off but i was able to stop the slide with my pole tip. Couldn't get the ski, it slid down. I had to slide the whole way down using my pole tip to keep me from flying down. All I thought about was sliding into the trees and getting hurt or killed. It's not a good feeling. Terrible news.

I almost ended up in those same woods

I was riding Whiteface for the first time that day, caught an edge and nearly ended up flying into those same woods. I was lucky that my board was down hill and I was able to use it to stop myself against the first tree with it. It was incredibley Icey that weekend. My deepest sympathies go out to the family.