Wild Times at the Mountain

I’m not 100% sure but I would venture to say that Whiteface hasn’t seen crowds like this at the mountain since the Olympics!!! From a vantage point up on lower Boreen, I would say that there were between 2- 3 thousand people outside watching MOE. It was cold and windy but all had fun. The Cloudspin Lounge was even at maximum capacity. I walked down to the food court and that section of the lodge was full. All-in-all a great time. Whiteface should do this more often. Oh yea, the skiing was surprisingly good in the early morning. Drapers Drop was pretty sweet for this time of year. It got ice in the early afternoon.

"at maximum capacity"

dude cloudspin lodge was bursting at its seams!!! Man that was fun stuff - outside music is the coolest! More outside music at WF please!!

Early Saturday was really good - considering the past weather patterns.. Sunday was much better! Those snow showers accumlated in all the regualr places!!

Indeed it was a busy day. WF did a great job keeping the trails skiable. While icy in places and with some frozen rockular conditions, there was still some decent snow to ski.

Had they been able to pour the beer faster, they might have made more money (and a lot of people happier). Took 30 minutes to get a beer (if you were lucky).

The show was excellent. I bet MOE does this again. It was a really great event.

Did U see??

the dudes selling whip-its along the access road? crazy, crazy stuff this weekend..

I think the ski shop made out pretty good. Alot of those Moe fans where not dressed for the weather. I saw many in the shop trying to find something to wear.

Nice bunch of people. With a crowd that big things could have gotten out of hand, but it never did as far as I could tell.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I think MOE-rons are particularly mellow folks. The security at the Olympic Center was overkill. They did some serious rubber-gloved frisking upon entry. I doubt they found too much other than various glassware, but I think the Moe-rons were smart enough to put that stuff where it can't be found.

I didn't see any ugly public drunkeness or greatly immature antics all weekend. Just a lot of folks havin a great time.