Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Face4Me
    Earlier this season, a Whiteface ski instructor, who I happen to know, mistakenly took my skis instead of his after a morning break at the mid-station lodge ... fortunately, I came out a couple of minutes after him. As I was freaking out that my skis were gone, I saw him looking around confused and we both realized he had taken mine! I guess accidents happen when you're not paying attention.

I've always felt pretty secure at Whiteface with regards to my equipment. I never lock up my skis and I leave my bags unlocked in the base lodges ... I am living with a false sense of security? Is theft a big problem at Whiteface?
    No theft is not a big problem. Like you said things happen when you don't pay attention. I'm sure like all place WF has had to deal with theft of equipment but I'd have to say the numbers are probably lower than most mountains. Either lock your stuff or put something visable on them sticks to separate them from the crowd.

WF has a free ski check outside the new coffee shop. There is a guy there to watch them in a secure area. Stowe charges $15@ day for the same service. I got a boot bag, tuning stuff and goggles lifted in the members only area a few years ago. Really nothing you can do about it but bitch. WF management won't do a damn thing about it either.

Crisis averted! The guy who I talked to earlier found them in one of the many vans they used for this trip! So it was just a mistake and not some evil person stealing them - which makes me feel good. But now I know to get my name on those things and probably separate them on the racks too. Damn I'm relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by biglittle29
    Crisis averted! The guy who I talked to earlier found them in one of the many vans they used for this trip! So it was just a mistake and not some evil person stealing them - which makes me feel good. But now I know to get my name on those things and probably separate them on the racks too. Damn I'm relieved.
    I'm glad it was just an honest mistake ... My faith in humanity has been restored!!!

Happy ending, glad to hear it.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Happy ending, glad to hear it.
    Ah happy ending they are the best. There is a Chinese massage parlor in queens yeah ok