Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

someone took my brand new Volkl AllStars on Saturday

and they left theirs behind, which I had to take. Mine were 175's, the ones I now have are 168. Obviously, I really want mine back. Also, the poles were switched (both were Leki's, but not the same pair) PLEASE if you know someone who has these ski's ask them if they're sure they didn't grab the wrong pair! If you have any info please email me at: biglittle29@yahoo.com ...... THANKS

I just don't get how people do that.

Same thing kind of happened to me at Okemo this year. Come out after lunch and my skis were gone....and there was another pair of the same model and length a little further down the rack. Although the bindings were different, the boot size was the same. The idiot just grabbed my skis, clicked in and went, without realizing he had the wrong skis. I just don't get it. Sure, they may have been the same ski, but every pair has something unique (tag from the shop for one) and to not notice the bindings were different? Please.

Had to report it to security, file a report, blah, blah, blah......and they said if my skis didn't show up I'd get the other pair. Fortunately the moron realized he had the wrong skis next time he stopped, but it still screwed a couple hour of my day. The shop at the mountain loaned me a pair for the afternoon and I was just skiing with my 4 year old during that time, but it was still a pain in the rear.

Hope you get your skis back.

Update: I got a call from the mountain this morning with horribile news: they found the guy who's ski's I have, but he doesn't have mine. I was extrodinarily and violently pissed off. Then I get a call 5 minutes later from the same woman saying that "it's possible" this guy had my ski's, which sounded ridiculous to me - how would he not know? But I guess the story is that he was with a bunch of kids and they had a couple vans and it's possible my ski's are in one of those. He's trying to contact the other parents and I'll hear back from him later today. I'm thinking it's pretty likely they have them (knock on wood) but who knows. I'll post when I hear more...

Quote Originally Posted by biglittle29
    Update: I was extrodinarily and violently pissed off.
    hang in there biglittle - I betcha them sticks find there way back 2U!

skiers take the wrong skis all the time

you should make sure you talk to WF's lost and found. Skiers take the wrong skis all the time. probably half the reported stolen skis are taken by mistake and then the person brings them back. of course if someone than has taken their skis home, it complicates things. If your skis really get stolen, you should search Ebay and the used sporting goods stores... found a pair of my brother's skis last year on ebay, stolen by a kid from Schenectady..had the little shit arrested for it

Joined MB just to post this.....5 years ago my 14 yo son had a pair of skis stolen 1st thing, 1st day of MLK weekend at WF. Determined to not let a bad thing blow a good weekend, got in line to rent skis. As we were standing in the rental line, I glanced at the hundreds of rental skis hanging in the rental shop and noticed my son's ski in the back of one of the lines of skis. The mistake I made then was to get WF mgt to retrieve them rather than wait until they could catch the staff member sob who picked them up, re-adjusted the bindings and, presumably, was waiting to take them home. Moral of the story, lock your skis; if stolen, check out the WF rental shop. (btw, my son's skis didn't match any other pair in the shop)

I agree, you should always either lock or separate your skis. It is such a simple thing to do and can save a lot of hassle. That being said, it is easy to become complacent. I had a lock, but I just wasn't using it when someone picked up my skis and used them by accident.

There is also a free check in area for ski and boards just below the main deck of the lounge.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Earlier this season, a Whiteface ski instructor, who I happen to know, mistakenly took my skis instead of his after a morning break at the mid-station lodge ... fortunately, I came out a couple of minutes after him. As I was freaking out that my skis were gone, I saw him looking around confused and we both realized he had taken mine! I guess accidents happen when you're not paying attention.

I've always felt pretty secure at Whiteface with regards to my equipment. I never lock up my skis and I leave my bags unlocked in the base lodges ... I am living with a false sense of security? Is theft a big problem at Whiteface?

Quote Originally Posted by Face4Me
    Earlier this season, a Whiteface ski instructor, who I happen to know, mistakenly took my skis instead of his after a morning break at the mid-station lodge ... fortunately, I came out a couple of minutes after him. As I was freaking out that my skis were gone, I saw him looking around confused and we both realized he had taken mine! I guess accidents happen when you're not paying attention.

I've always felt pretty secure at Whiteface with regards to my equipment. I never lock up my skis and I leave my bags unlocked in the base lodges ... I am living with a false sense of security? Is theft a big problem at Whiteface?
    Phineas and I had a bag stolen from mid station a few years ago, but i think that was pretty random. he had a nice jacket in it and somebody probably saw him take it off and put it in there. i still leave my bags unlocked at mid. whatever, i am not going to let one or two bad eggs inconvenience me. I am sure its more of an issue during holiday times when more of the tourons are around.