UPDATE: 12/29/05 PM

It's 11:30. It's been snowin' for an hour. It started about 9:00 in Saranac Lake according to a friend. The Mountain is gettin' snow - that's for sure. The NCP earlier was not intense. We may have escaped the worst of it. I think places like K-Mart are gettin' crapped on from this thing. We may have dodged a bullet.

You posted on 12/29...is that what you meant?

I skied WF on Wednesday and it was pretty nice, but when I read the weather report for Thursday, I decided to bail and just head home Thurs. Did I make a bad decision?

sigh....cold weather's a'comin-- hopefully.

Yeah, that's what I meant .

About 2" of fluff at my house this AM. Don't know what the Mountain got but probably at least that - up top anyway. All in all, this "thaw" was not so bad. Long range temps are all below freezing. Quite cold today/tonight compared to recent temps so the guns should be roarin'. Little snow in the forecast tomorrow and tomorrow night. Maybe some more on Tuesday. I think we'll be fine. I'd love to get a report from the Mountain today though.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    Yeah, that's what I meant .

About 2" of fluff at my house this AM. Don't know what the Mountain got but probably at least that - up top anyway. All in all, this "thaw" was not so bad. Long range temps are all below freezing. Quite cold today/tonight compared to recent temps so the guns should be roarin'. Little snow in the forecast tomorrow and tomorrow night. Maybe some more on Tuesday. I think we'll be fine. I'd love to get a report from the Mountain today though.
    According to the website this morning www.whiteface.com the mountain received an inch of new snow. They are reporting 52 trails with loose/frozen gradular as the priminary surface conditions. I'll take that. We got HAMMERED with rain in A town and now there's no snow on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Drifter
    According to the website this morning www.whiteface.com the mountain received an inch of new snow.
    Yeah I saw that after I posted. Might have only been an inch at my house too - I didn't measure it. Whatever - I'm sure it's dust-on-crust over there today but...I'm not skiin' today so I can live with it. Hope they get it fixed up a bit for you guys tomorrow though. Please let me know how it is. I'll be there Monday and Tuesday.

I saw Lower Mac is offline. No surprise there. It was all natural snow and pretty thin (but REALLY good) when I was last there on the 24th. I knew it wouldn't survive this week's temps and NCP.

The view from the webcam looks a whole lot better then yesterday. LOTS of family fun going on at Kids Kampus.

I think tomorrow will be just fine.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.