Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

they should pay YOU to ski iceface!!!!!! hahahaah!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, when I was in college I was an hour and 10 minutes from Sugarloaf and I got the all east college pass for $315 or something like that. I'd ski the Loaf (and occasionally Sunday River) at school, then I'd come home for breaks and hit Mt. Snow and Killington. Worked out pretty well for me.

And if you've never gotten to ski Sugarloaf, I highly recommend it. I think it is the most similar mountain to Whiteface. Long, sustained vertical, quad burning groomers, competition level bump trail, great trees (but only if you know where to look), sweet park and pipe, and a little bit of an adventure with the snowfields (which, like the slides, are rarely open). They even have a steep, 3 ski length wide trail like Empire (Misery Whip). Plus it's colder than a witches teet!

It really isn't that great a place to ski, but that's as cheap as it gets. I've always wondered why they don't do more for locals. No wonder most folks I know go to Jay Peak.

yes it did go up $50. but if you look closer, you can use this pass on dec 24-25. those are 2 days that were always blacked out previously but not now.

Pass should be priced according to geographic location of holder. The further you live from the area, the cheaper the pass should be. Of course, you could travel once and stay the entire season....one heck of a deal!

Season Passe never used

Oh, forgot to mention....

Never was able to use my restricted pass at all this year. Whiteface should offer some type of consolation for a situation like this. Perhaps issue two lift ticket vouchers for next year. This woul dbe good PR move in my estimation.

I'll keep dreaming.

What's so interesting is that they make little to no attempt to keep tha locals happy. If you look at the web site, they even mention how useful the pass is for those that come for 2-3 weekends a year. They certainly don't market or advertise to the locals. Maybe because they realize non-pass-holding locals can go to Titus, Vermont, or QC, whereas the folks from downstate will head to a place that's still living off it's 1932 glory.

But I'll probably get a pass. It's 349 pour moi and 25 for the kiddo.

Quote Originally Posted by wondertrev
    What's so interesting is that they make little to no attempt to keep tha locals happy. If you look at the web site, they even mention how useful the pass is for those that come for 2-3 weekends a year. They certainly don't market or advertise to the locals. Maybe because they realize non-pass-holding locals can go to Titus, Vermont, or QC, whereas the folks from downstate will head to a place that's still living off it's 1932 glory.

But I'll probably get a pass. It's 349 pour moi and 25 for the kiddo.
    I'd like to think they've upgraded a little and are living off the 1980 glory. That was the better Olympic for sure.

Re: Season Passe never used

Quote Originally Posted by Jon951

Never was able to use my restricted pass at all this year. Whiteface should offer some type of consolation for a situation like this. Perhaps issue two lift ticket vouchers for next year. This woul dbe good PR move in my estimation.

I'll keep dreaming.
    Pass should be priced according to geographic location of holder. The further you live from the area, the cheaper the pass should be. Of course, you could travel once and stay the entire season....one heck of a deal!

Aint that like asking a store for a larger shirt cause you got fat & never wore the first one for the six months you owned it while getting fat? And if you live farther from the store than the next Joe you get a lower price too!

Re: Season Passe never used

Quote Originally Posted by skigolfhunt
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon951

I'll keep dreaming.

Aint that like asking a store for a larger shirt cause you got fat & never wore the first one for the six months you owned it while getting fat? And if you live farther from the store than the next Joe you get a lower price too!
    you are obviously not a lawyer, you make a terrible arguement jon. those are the two silliest remarks on this forum and that isnt saying much. thats your problem if you didnt use your pass, no excuse for that.