Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

local passholders getting the shaft next year

I was shocked to see the price of a nonholiday ski pass for next year. Would you believe triple the price of this last year? What's up with that? If ORDA doesn't care about the local pass holders, shame on them. I think Essex County residents should recieve a special discount, we pay taxes! What a huge disappointment. How do other local passholders feel about this?

Knight's calculator is busted.

Non Holiday pass is $349, (at least thats what is says on the snow phone). The last 3 years its been $299. $50 is a bit of a jump, but still a good deal. The mountian is owned by the state not the county.

Re: Knight's calculator is busted.

Quote Originally Posted by skigolfhunt
    Non Holiday pass is $349, (at least thats what is says on the snow phone). The last 3 years its been $299. $50 is a bit of a jump, but still a good deal. The mountian is owned by the state not the county.
    I think this is still a deal. Look at other ski areas in the northeast. The prices are much higher. The only thing that I would like to see is a discount to purhcase holiday tickets for non-holiday season pass holders. What is a little out of line is the cost of a locker rental in the members only areas. That is $175 @ year but that is if you can get one. The waiting list is long.

It's $349 - you just have to buy it early. And I understand that it will be good for two days during the holiday period. Not sure if that's accurate but if it is, the $50 jump is more than justified. Even if not true, it remains one of the great bargains in the East. Isn't the All-East ASC pass $349/year? Those mountains SUCK.

I only waited one year for a locker. get on the list. Can't hurt. And $175/year is a bargain IMO. Not havin' to hump your gear all over the place is nice. And I would imagine most ski thefts happen at the base - so it's nice to have a safe place to put the sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteface Willy
    I think this is still a deal. Look at other ski areas in the northeast. The prices are much higher. The only thing that I would like to see is a discount to purhcase holiday tickets for non-holiday season pass holders. What is a little out of line is the cost of a locker rental in the members only areas. That is $175 @ year but that is if you can get one. The waiting list is long.
    175 bucks for a locker rental is rediculiously low. That price should be hopped up to around a grand and they could put some other amenities in the "private room". That would be a good investment for the mountain.

I'm OK w/ it

we are getting Dec 23, 24 and 25 so if UR local U get a real bonus; skiing when the mtn is pretty deserted!

Looks like Christmas in KV this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteface Willy
    For holiday tickets, you can always pick up one of the Snow Sampler packages ... If I remember correctly, I think it's $200 for four passes that are good ANYTIME and are also transferrable. Not saying $50 bucks is cheap ... but, it does give you some options if during one of the holiday periods, you decide you want to head out for a day or two. If you end up not using them, you can always try to sell them ... This also assumes they don't raise the price on that deal ... It used to be $180, so who knows what it might be this year ...

[quote="freeheelwilly"]Even if not true, it remains one of the great bargains in the East. Isn't the All-East ASC pass $349/year? Those mountains SUCK.

How can you compare that when the ASC pass gets you 6 mountains. I know people don't like Killington because of the mobs, but Mount Snow is great if you know where your going, sugarbush is always fun, Attitash is fast, and Pico is always empty so if the crowds bother you you can ski there and still go to the killer parties at killington.

Now in no way am I bashing Whiteface. The place is a blast, and it is the best mountain in the East (when there is snow)

Just a side note my ASC all-east pass for $349 didn't have any black-out days this year, but that isn't even really the point. A season pass for under $400 is a good deal and the ASC mountains are some of the best mountains in the East. Jay is the best solely because of the snowfall, and Whiteface is the best when the snow is there, but as far as always being able to find something fun to ski you can't really beat having 6 passes for the price of one.

[quote="PowderBurn"]
    Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    Even if not true, it remains one of the great bargains in the East. Isn't the All-East ASC pass $349/year? Those mountains SUCK.

How can you compare that when the ASC pass gets you 6 mountains. I know people don't like Killington because of the mobs, but Mount Snow is great if you know where your going, sugarbush is always fun, Attitash is fast, and Pico is always empty so if the crowds bother you you can ski there and still go to the killer parties at killington.

Now in no way am I bashing Whiteface. The place is a blast, and it is the best mountain in the East (when there is snow)

Just a side note my ASC all-east pass for $349 didn't have any black-out days this year, but that isn't even really the point. A season pass for under $400 is a good deal and the ASC mountains are some of the best mountains in the East. Jay is the best solely because of the snowfall, and Whiteface is the best when the snow is there, but as far as always being able to find something fun to ski you can't really beat having 6 passes for the price of one.
    Sugarbush isn't part of ASC. If it was, I'd agree with you because it's an awesome mountain. But Pico, Snow, Attitash, K-mart......No thanks. I wouldn't mind checkin' out Sugarloaf but it's such a haul for me that I'd never go more than once a year. And the whole "6 Mountain" thing is a goof. You can only be in one place at a time.

Sorry I get my loaf's and bushes messed up all the time.

But the benefit of six mountains is that you can always find something that is fun for what you are looking for. If its a nice spring day, like now and you want to hammer some bumps and hang out afterwards, what is better than killington. Or maybe there's one of those southerly storms coming, (that have been pretty frequent this year) and the mount snow gets hit while no place else does. The point is that you always have options for the same $349.

Again don't get me wrong I love Whiteface, but ASC's season pass is a great value.