Thread: How much season

How much season

do you think we'll have left? I'd like to think we have a shot at making it to Easter, but we'll need a good break in the weather.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Easter?

There's a lot of snow on some trails like lower mac (and a ton on Bear ) BUT Gib Brown says we can expect up to an inch of rain and temps in the 70's later this week. Ain't gonna be pretty. Hopefully there will be enough left above mid-station to make it to easter. Don't forget, we can always ride down the gondola if lower valley gets lost.

its bleak over here. cannon closes on sunday. forecast - rain saturday and cloudy w/ high winds sunday! wtf!! i just want this season to end...i can't take it anymore.

get to tuckermans soon...its not looking good. snow fall totals are way down for march up there as well.

I am thinking that if they did the drop off from the high speed quad and have lift six open the mountain will provide better skiing.
    The mountain would be open to easter then. That time of the year I am guessing it is more advanced people out there anyway. Would it be cheaper than runnign the ghongi?

it did get pretty chilly last night and the mountain was getting pretty firm at the end of the day yesterday.

Easter skiing

Looks like Lower Valley will be lost before this weekend luckely there are plenty of snow on Boreen. Although Mt Run, Wilderness and Upper Skyward will last thru Easter, I can not think of a way to make a skiable connection, unless the halfpipe is destined for a better use. They'll have to do the halfpipe anyway, or it might just stay until next season.

Re: Easter skiing

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    Looks like Lower Valley will be lost before this weekend luckely there are plenty of snow on Boreen. Although Mt Run, Wilderness and Upper Skyward will last thru Easter, I can not think of a way to make a skiable connection, unless the halfpipe is destined for a better use. They'll have to do the halfpipe anyway, or it might just stay until next season.
    Their reporting 5 " new snow & its still coming down. I'm sure that'll help clean things up a bit. The groomers have done great things this year, have a little faith.