Thread: April snow

April snow

Is there anyone up in the Gore area that can post some details about Gore's reported snowfall?

Also- any reports from last weekend?
    Its a dry 7.

website says 3 inches.

last weekend...as in sunday april 2nd...was AWSOME...greatt skiing...buttom was as fast as hell in the morning but then slushed up at 10-12..ish...then the summit was ammazing around 11-3....great day of skiing and got a great google tan!....wish i was gonna be there this weekend...maybe i will be?!?
    When life gives you snow, skip school and hit the slopes!

Past weekend of skiing!

Sunday was awesome! Funny though - we switched the clocks ahead and then had to wait for the mountain to catch up with our time... so we spent a bit longer running the lower mtn. until they opened the summit...

And then the summit!!!!!!!!!

Lies was fabulous, Open Pit was fun, Chatimac was fun and Hawkeye bumps eventually softened. I didn't run Rumors, but everyone that I met at the bottom ran it like a hero! And you couldn't beat the lunch crowd, the picnic table finally thawed out and got dragged out for a "gourmet pbj" luncheon!

My in-laws in Johnsburg have snow in their yard - I was raking in Glens Falls and my mom-in-law was shoveling! So all fingers crossed... maybe another trip to Gore is in store. But boy I hope that they're able to keep a bit of snow at the base, because coming down from the summit late in the afternoon was rough...

-ADK Sara
    -Keep your skis happy!