Thread: Gang

Gang

So what is up with the "Pumphouse" gang. I understand the virtues and the little arrangment they have with ORDA to help people on the mountain and offer assistance and publicity, but I have to tell you that they are a bunch of complete a-holes. The last time i was skiing, which was last tuesday, phineas and i stopped at the pumphouse to drop off a backpack and then were going to continue skiing. Phineas stopped and took his skis off and i just slid over and he went to hang his backpack up in the shade and "snake" said "oh no, the party is at the top of the mountain, bring the backpack up there." phin was like no, we're going to leave it here and come back later. etc etc. snake seemed to have a problem with it but we left it anyway, all the while being polite. we come back at the end of the day and phin takes his skis off and walks to where the backpack was in the shade and low and behold it isnt there. turns out its hanging on a tree off the trail in the direct sunlight.

i think they are way out of line and really cheesy and stupid with the whole "this is our territory stay out" crap. i could give a flying f***.i would not give them the time of day and wouldnt want to hang out with them anyway. we wanted to hang a backpack. they barely even ski, they just sit there and look stupid and drink beer. I am sure it isnt every single one of them, but in this case a few bad apples definitely spoil the bunch.

anyway - whiteface willy, i always thought you were the old guy who wears the whiteface will sez shirt and the moose ears, but apparently you arent. phineas thinks you were sitting with the gang that day snake was such a rude obnoxious a-hole. was that you? are you a card carrying pumphouse gang member?

end of the day phin and i are soaking up the sun on the deck and a woman we were sitting by talking to asks if we have a cell phone and could she borrow. of course we said yes and gave it to her. as she is talking, her friend walks up to us and who is it you ask...snake. what a tool. bad karma will come back to him no doubt.

Ummmm.... Happy Birthday?

snake

I don't know of any arrangement with ORDA that they help people. I hope not. Anybody that has as many beers as some of them do before before the lift opens should not be considered Whiteface's good will ambassadors. They have been mentioned in ski mag (thru Sandy Caligiore) cuz they be local color. The best forum for your observation would be Sandy. Phin knows his email address.

Happy to say that I'm not a member and nor do I want to be. I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum from that crowd. In my opinion alcohol and skiing do not mix at all. The pump house is not off limits to anyone. If you want to stop in and take a look I think you should do so. If anyone gives you a hard time just tell them to F-off. They'll most likely be to drunk to care anyway. Check out the Beatles tribute in the woods accross from the pump house that is more interesting. I ski to fast to be the old guy. He's my uncle.
    See you on the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    Ummmm.... Happy Birthday?
    its not my birthday and i am just upset i am not really 29.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteface Willy
    Happy to say that I'm not a member and nor do I want to be. I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum from that crowd. In my opinion alcohol and skiing do not mix at all. The pump house is not off limits to anyone. If you want to stop in and take a look I think you should do so. If anyone gives you a hard time just tell them to F-off. They'll most likely be to drunk to care anyway. Check out the Beatles tribute in the woods accross from the pump house that is more interesting. I ski to fast to be the old guy. He's my uncle.
    See you on the mountain.
    do you wear grey ski pants and a black jacket? i have seen the beatles thing, not in a long time though. i was just checking to see if anyone else had the same opinion of them and i guess they do. good.

Could someone explain the pumphouse gang to me? From what you say, they sound like a bunch of tools.
    Its a dry 7.

definitaly tools?...like a dollar store tool show !

I've seen excessive drinking, beligerance and down right cheese oozing out of that place.
    Stopped by a few times cause one of my buds knew some folks there, woopey. Yes they are territorial, probably cause the pee all over the place, including each other . Maybe that's how one gets into the "gang".

If I'm going to hang out, It'll be with the ladies on the sun decks!

gang

I;m glad they hang out at the pump house....otherwise they'd be hanging out at midstation more. (where the hang early and late season).