Whiteface Mountain Inactive Volcano

Where that hell does the snow go on this mountain? Is Whiteface an inactive volcano that gives off heat and melts the snow? Yesterday we had 10”+ and now most of it is gone. Check out the ORDA webcam of Whiteface. That is either dirty snow or just plain old mud.Doen't look good.

I was there today and there is little snow left below mid. A couple more days above freezin and Lower Valleys done for sure. Mt Run and Skyward still have a ton of snow though, so its all good.

The sun angle in early April is pretty high so the sun is strong. The ground was likely warm to begin with...
    Greg

Der. It just occurred to be that you were just being tongue-in-cheek. Sorry for the official explanation...like you couldn't figure it out...
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Der. It just occurred to be that you were just being tongue-in-cheek. Sorry for the official explanation...like you couldn't figure it out...
    It's a headline man. It's there to grab peoples eye. Most the WF gang are looking for a good story. That's OK tomorrow is Friday.

MELTING

Heavy and wet by noon today. May not have Thruway after today which is a shame cuz Drapers is still wunnerful. Lotsa skid marks all over which means the sun will melt those areas even faster. Still, we've got more mt this late than most years I can remember.

Re: MELTING

Quote Originally Posted by Faceplant
    Heavy and wet by noon today. May not have Thruway after today which is a shame cuz Drapers is still wunnerful. Lotsa skid marks all over which means the sun will melt those areas even faster. Still, we've got more mt this late than most years I can remember.
    they are planning on next weekend, I just got an easter flyer in my in-box