What a Great Day!!!!!!

Conditions for this time of year are unbelievable. Upper Skyward was sweet all day. Temperatures at chair 6 base and above didn't get above freezing and the upper mountain stayed firm all day. With the temps in the low 20's tonight tomorrow will be another wonderful day. Come on up, ya all. Oh yea, the pond skimming was fun too. Only one person made it across this year.

Temps should drop down to the teens tonight and tomorrow night. Enjoy it while you can because the warmth isnt far behind.

trip the weekend of the 14th

I am planning one last trip for the season and we're looking at hitting up GORE on friday 14th and then continuing to whiteface for the rest of the weekend. Im not from the area so im not to sure on how the conditions are and sometimes the conditions that you see on the website arent complete. I was hoping that someone would be able to give me and opinion on how the conditions are now and what they think it will be like the weekend of the 15th. *fingers crossed* hoping for conditions that will be worth heading up there for. Though from the post from today it sounds pretty good so far...but we still got 7 days until we head up there.
    Soph

Re: trip the weekend of the 14th

Quote Originally Posted by somphee
    opinion on how the conditions are now and what they think it will be like the weekend of the 15th.
    I was at Whiteface on Sat. and Gore on Sun. WF was everything WFWilly said in the first post of this thread. Gore was beautiful on Sun. as well. Early we had cream corn, by noon snowcone conditions, but it was all good under blue skys. Plenty of snow on top, base getting very thin at Gore. It was a great spring skiing weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by somphee
    hoping for conditions that will be worth heading up there for. .
    It's worth it to me to ski next weekend no matter what. It extends my season a little longer this year and shortens my off season a little. I know everybody doesn't think like this.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

GREAT!

I so understand what your saying and we are definitely on the same thinkin path when it comes to extending the season. Thanks a bunch for the update!
    Soph