Official Snow Storm thread for 1/5

The Web site weather shows snow, but I have not heard any perdictions of how much. Tells us what you have heard. Exagerated rumors are welcome.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

What's the Story? The weather channel said "Heavy Snow" in upstate NY, but I don't know how long that lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    What's the Story? The weather channel said "Heavy Snow" in upstate NY, but I don't know how long that lasted.
    I would not say "heavy" but it is snowing on and off pretty decent. expecting up to 4" of wet snow - which would be nice as surfaces are on the firm side w/ cold temps lingering for the weekend.. well highs in the 20s anyway...

More snow predicted for Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    I would not say "heavy" but it is snowing on and off pretty decent. expecting up to 4" of wet snow - which would be nice as surfaces are on the firm side w/ cold temps lingering for the weekend.. well highs in the 20s anyway...

More snow predicted for Sunday!
    I would say "heavy". At least where I was. Had to drive into Saranac Lake this morning about 9AM. Came in Rt 3. Treacherous! Heavy/wet stuff. It was over by noon. Wish it had lasted all day.