What a difference a day makes....

Today the mt was sweet all day. skied with drifter and WW all day til nap time and had a ball. WW and I are gonna do it again tomorrow. The fat lady sang for drifter today.

However, the mt is dying quickly. Upper Valley and Easy Street may be open but i suggest taking your skis off if you have to go that way( and ya gotta if you want to ski 6 which was supurb). I plan to ski approach and use the little whiteface lift all day. That way you can get out by going up and riding the Gondola down or take Drapers to the half pip.

Re: What a difference a day makes....

Quote Originally Posted by Faceplant
    Today the mt was sweet all day. skied with drifter and WW all day til nap time and had a ball.

Yeah it was fun. SOD Jr. thought you guts where cool. I told him he has alot to learn about coolness. Also talked to Phineas in the morning, we where suppose to hook up later, but never saw him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceplant
    However, the mt is dying quickly. Upper Valley and Easy Street may be open but i suggest taking your skis off if you have to go that way( and ya gotta if you want to ski 6 which was supurb). I plan to ski approach and use the little whiteface lift all day. That way you can get out by going up and riding the Gondola down or take Drapers to the half pip.

True dat. Very different conditions on different parts of the mountain. Here's SOD Jr. rippin up Mt. Run

And running out of snow on Upper Valley.

BTW- I know the quote thing isn't working right and I let Greg know.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I was there today as well and it was a fitting end to the season. If you guys saw a snowboarder in a bright orange fleece that was me.

Anyways, condtions were quite variable with Skyward being the best of the day. Cloudspin was open, but it was slim pickins getting down. Mt. Run still has almost the entire trail covered and is skiing great. My last run today was down Approach to Mt. Run then cut over to Drapers which felt like it hadnt even been touched, even at 1230. Great last day on the hill.

Little dude was cool

Hey HPD,

Your little guy was awesome. the excitment was all over his face Friday morning - it was quite obvious he was pumped gettting ready w/ his dad for some ripping! that must be a great feeling!

I spied U guys at the split on skyward. I regret not stopping and making some tunrs w/ JR - but I was only there till noonish and I was in lap mood.... Friday rocked, Sat was fun as well. Tsavo took a spill into a slush/mud puddle but we ran in2 H-bomb and FHW right after so we kept skiing till the heavy stuff came down.

this week is sunning up so out comes the bike and canoe and fishing poles and I'm thinking of getting some shoes and a harness and hooking w/ some climbing buds... aint been on any walls since I busted me femur.....

Re: Little dude was cool

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    Hey HPD,

Your little guy was awesome. the excitment was all over his face Friday morning - it was quite obvious he was pumped gettting ready w/ his dad for some ripping! that must be a great feeling!
    It is. I did it with SOD and my daughter as well, but it never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    this week is sunning up so out comes the bike and canoe and fishing poles and I'm thinking of getting some shoes and a harness and hooking w/ some climbing buds... aint been on any walls since I busted me femur.....
    I can picture you doing all the other stuff, but not fishing. It doesn't seem active enough for you.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.