Thread: tucks

tucks

hit it on saturday. low snowpack 4sure. according to the ranger the sherbie was open about a 1/3 of the way down. we even had to step out for 100ft or so in one section. sun wasn't out much, thankfully, as it would have been a soup bowl w/ a lot of ice fall. mostly cloudy w/ hail and a little rain was what we had. skied left gully for the first time in about 10yrs. rode the skiers left double fall line ridge...its like a 1/4 pipe...for those that haven't skied it. its really fun, i had forgotten how much. not many if any had skied that line on sat. therefore i set off several wet sluffs that formed a nice sluff river thru the choke. great visual. see if i can post a pic here??[img] how do you do it??[/img]

I did the exact same run on Sat and noticed the same conditions, each turn on my board sent sluff down the entire gully. Defiantely felt good to rock carves through a natural quarter pipe on the left with a rock face to the right.

You didnt happen to see a snowboarder with a red/tan jacket and black pants in the gully while you were there did you? I waited at the top for a couple skiers to finish their climb and there were a few on the boot ladder as I came down. Wonder if one of em was you. Sherbie wasnt opend for very far and what was had some real thin cover with a few spots I had to walk across. The weather wasnt to bad though minus that one brief period of hail that hit right as I reached the top of the gully. It was even sunny for a little bit in there.

no, i didn't see you. i was on a rock when that hail came thru...that was a cool little storm! you probably didn't see that guy launch the icefall then? he dropped about a 30' into the bowl, nailed the landing and rocketed a few gs turns to lunch rocks. i bet he was going 50-60mph! sick

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw
    you probably didn't see that guy launch the icefall then? he dropped about a 30' into the bowl, nailed the landing and rocketed a few gs turns to lunch rocks. i bet he was going 50-60mph! sick
    That was me....slideslippin' willy!

What up with the quote feature? Blues

I saw a guy in an orange jacket pick his way down after my run but he didnt do any 30 foot hucks. After shooting through he made 1 turn the rest of the way down. Mustve been a hell of a ride. Was it the same guy?

no, not that guy. i saw him as well. he slidslipped down and then skied off to the skiers left...thumbs down! the guy who ripped it made a couple turns above the ice and launched off to skiers right.

yo straw

boston sux!

hahahahahahahahaha

East W L PCT GB
    Boston 11 5 .688 - -
    Baltimore 10 7 .588 1.5
    Tampa Bay 8 8 .500 3.0
    New York 7 7 .500 3.0
    Toronto 7 7 .500 3.0

sure ghosty, sure!

so ghost...another yr has passed and you still haven't made it to tuckermans? and you call yourself a skier? so what's the excuse this time? we've got fhw and adironrider amongst the elite n.e. skiers, but no ghosty...

no excuse

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw
    so ghost...another yr has passed and you still haven't made it to tuckermans? and you call yourself a skier? so what's the excuse this time? we've got fhw and adironrider amongst the elite n.e. skiers, but no ghosty...
    just have a hard time leaving the blueline... I know I cant say I am an east coast ripper till I get to NH so another poser year for me.... but at least I have the Yankees!