Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guess the trail

Whoops again, meant reffering.

Re: tough one

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteface Willy
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    middle pic reminds me of wright peak ski trail...
    Nope, but thanks for playing.

Clue:It is a trail up one of the high peaks. If I posted a picture from the summit you'd get it right away, but my batteries ran out and I forgot to bring an extra battery pack.
    It looks icy. Get your wife a pair of poles to walk with. Looks like you almost need crampons in some areas.
    Another Clue: It is the shortes trail to a high peak.
    It was really icey, but she did have poles.

BTW - Did anybody tell you to give a clue to the game I started. That indiscretion will cost you 2 beers.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Whoops again, meant referring. Sorry about this. I am suffering from some double vision, detracted retina surgery 7 weeks ago and I can't spell or type. Other than that everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by oneotwoandcounting
    It’s Cascade if my,” Guide to Adirondack Trails: High Peaks Region,” is correct. It’s a great hike.

The trail book lists it as,” the easiest of all 4000-ft. peaks to ascend.” I have climbed it a few times and as is the case of all the high peaks (for me) there are parts of it that are a struggle. It does offer a bald summit and great views making the hike worth any struggle to the summit.
    Yep WFwilly's easy clue gave it away. It is a beautiful view, we'll do it again when the ice is gone and spend alot more time on the summit taking in the view.

Hi takeahike46er,

I’m guessing it’s the trail to Algonquin peak from Heart Lake. If so I don’t know the slide but it looks like the cascade at the 2.4 mile point called the waterfall in the Adirondack trail book.

Nope.

Hint:
    This slide is popular with skiers.

Additional photo (from Adirondack Explorer-- Mark Meschineli)

Quote Originally Posted by takeahike46er
    Nope.

Hint:
    This slide is popular with skiers.

Additional photo (from Adirondack Explorer-- Mark Meschineli)

Colden, the south side. Great picture BTW.

Cascade? I haven't climbed it since I was a kid so the pics don't help me much.
    me neither, that was my first highpeaks hike. cascade and porter. i didnt know it was the shortest route though, so willy gave it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavolion callously
    Cascade? I haven't climbed it since I was a kid so the pics don't help me much.
    me neither, that was my first highpeaks hike. cascade and porter. i didnt know it was the shortest route though, so willy gave it away.
    I'm Willy. I'M Willy!! Dang! It doesn't take long to get pushed aside for the new guy around here. This place isn't big enough for two Willys.