Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guess the trail

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Quote Originally Posted by takeahike46er
    Nope.

Hint:
    This slide is popular with skiers.

Additional photo (from Adirondack Explorer-- Mark Meschineli)

Colden, the south side. Great picture BTW.
    I skied that about fifteen years ago. Marcy's so close from there it looks like you could hit with a snowball.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    I'm Willy. I'M Willy!! Dang! It doesn't take long to get pushed aside for the new guy around here. This place isn't big enough for two Willys.
    That's funny. You guys need to have some kinda duel or something to hash it out.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I'm Willy. I'M Willy!! Dang! It doesn't take long to get pushed aside for the new guy around here. This place isn't big enough for two Willys.[/quote]

You'll always be The Willy FH.

I'm Willy. I'M Willy!! Dang! It doesn't take long to get pushed aside for the new guy around here. This place isn't big enough for two Willys.
    That's funny. You guys need to have some kinda duel or something to hash it out.
    A ski off in Nov next year or maybe a drink off. Those are my ideas for a duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Drifter
    A ski off in Nov next year or maybe a drink off. Those are my ideas for a duel.
    Both. If I can't whoop him one way, I'll get him in another.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavolion callously
    Cascade? I haven't climbed it since I was a kid so the pics don't help me much.
    me neither, that was my first highpeaks hike. cascade and porter. i didnt know it was the shortest route though, so willy gave it away.
    i actually thought you were the one that gave the clue away. i honestly wasnt really reading the whole thread very carefully and i got up at 5:00 today. my eyes arent working well. you are always a woman, i mean willy, to me!

102andcounting.

Is that how many ways you can spell referring

How's the knee?

whiteface

Name the mountain and the slide in the photo below.

slide to LP

That photo is also of the 1990 Slide on Colden, the same one being skied in the other photograph. Its a fun slide to climb because it is so lengthy and it varies in pitch considerably. Not to mention, it literally intersects the Feldspar trail so there is no chance of missing it. I highly recommend it.

Is the snow usually of good quality on that bad boy? Or is it one of those slides like the ones at Whiteface which is pretty much icefall unless its spring?