Thunder, thunder in the Valley

The storm started with a low rumble way back as it struggled over Marcy. Billy the pitbull felt it first, stirred and started to pant. North winds pushed hostile storm clouds against the enduring flanks of the Great Range. Lightening flashed across the heavens and the rumble amplified into deafening, angry outbursts.

Down the Johns Brook valley she tore! Every lightening strike vanquished the night sky, flickering silver ever so briefly. It was only minutes from the initial sounds of thunder before the center of the storm was upon Keene Valley… A dagger struck forcibly near and the skies burst wide open! I awoke from my slumber.

Safely tucked away in the valley my thoughts backtracked the storm’s path. Rain water rushing vociferously down steep mountains - filling the Orbed, Slide Brook and the multitudes of unnamed tributaries.. Stormwater sliding torrentially towards the Johns Brook. The Brook swelling chaotically but unassumingly, it’s banks braced as the rising water raced unencumbered towards the east branch of the Ausable..

I wondered about the pine marten, the coyote, the bobcat… Were they sheltered and dry like I or caught prowling for prey and now drenched??

Another exhilarating early morning Mother Nature show!

Re: Thunder, thunder in the Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    The storm started with a low rumble way back as it struggled over Marcy. Billy the pitbull felt it first, stirred and started to pant. North winds pushed hostile storm clouds against the enduring flanks of the Great Range. Lightening flashed across the heavens and the rumble amplified into deafening, angry outbursts.

Down the Johns Brook valley she tore! Every lightening strike vanquished the night sky, flickering silver ever so briefly. It was only minutes from the initial sounds of thunder before the center of the storm was upon Keene Valley… A dagger struck forcibly near and the skies burst wide open! I awoke from my slumber.

Safely tucked away in the valley my thoughts backtracked the storm’s path. Rain water rushing vociferously down steep mountains - filling the Orbed, Slide Brook and the multitudes of unnamed tributaries.. Stormwater sliding torrentially towards the Johns Brook. The Brook swelling chaotically but unassumingly, it’s banks braced as the rising water raced unencumbered towards the east branch of the Ausable..

I wondered about the pine marten, the coyote, the bobcat… Were they sheltered and dry like I or caught prowling for prey and now drenched??

The storm started with (not really sure I was asleep). The neighbors pain in the ass cat probably heard it first. North winds surged across the suburban wastland. I woke up to the sound of rain pelting my window.

Down the Northway the fierce storm came. Motorist had to turn on their windshield wipers. As I feared the storm was now over Clifton Park. The thoughts of over flowing swimming pools and backed up storm drains filled me with dread.

Safely tucked in my bed my thoughts turned to how I could get my wife to get up and check to see if the windows where open. My hopes where crushed as she said, "HPD get up and check". I responded "why can't you?" "Because that's your job, I have to do this, that and the other". "Yeah alright".

I wondered if the massive amounts of rain could drown the mole that is infesting my yard? I wondered if the neighbors let their stupid cat in. Was it sheltered and dry like I? I don't really care.

Another exhilarating early evening in suburbia.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Re: Thunder, thunder in the Valley

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Phineas

The storm started with (not really sure I was asleep). The neighbors pain in the ass cat probably heard it first. North winds surged across the suburban wastland. I woke up to the sound of rain pelting my window.

Down the Northway the fierce storm came. Motorist had to turn on their windshield wipers. As I feared the storm was now over Clifton Park. The thoughts of over flowing swimming pools and backed up storm drains filled me with dread.

Safely tucked in my bed my thoughts turned to how I could get my wife to get up and check to see if the windows where open. My hopes where crushed as she said, "HPD get up and check". I responded "why can't you?" "Because that's your job, I have to do this, that and the other". "Yeah alright".

I wondered if the massive amounts of rain could drown the mole that is infesting my yard? I wondered if the neighbors let their stupid cat in. Was it sheltered and dry like I? I don't really care.
    Another exhilarating early evening in suburbia.
    OMFG!!!!

Was it sheltered and dry like I? I don't really care.
    Classic!

hahahahahahahahahahahahhaa

that was awesome dude!

put some chewing gum in the mole holes. they eat the gum and it binds them up and they die!