Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Glades

Best Glades

Let's leave liftlines out of this discussion. What is your favorite glade at Gore and why. I think mine is Twister, it may not be especially challaging, but it is expensive with alot of options in there. I like Kill Kare Glades alot too. Short, but very sweet.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Twister is Great because it's so long. I also like the upper entrance to Chatiemac Glades, in the super secret location that isn't that hard to find if you're looking. Like I said on another thread, the Cave is good, and KHS (now called Darby Woods). Also good are Snoopy's, Red Dog, Hot Dam, The Playground and Newton's. But I have absolutely no idea where those are.

Re: Best Glades

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Let's leave liftlines out of this discussion. What is your favorite glade at Gore and why. I think mine is Twister, it may not be especially challaging, but it is expensive with alot of options in there. I like Kill Kare Glades alot too. Short, but very sweet.
    I somehow managed to ski at Gore for about 18 years (haven't gone the past couple), without knowing about off-the-map glades.. So going by the on-the-map ones, and not including additions from the past 2 years, I'd say the Chatimatic glades. I liked Twister too but only got to do those once (never got to do Tawahus, have done Kill Kare and Straightbrook a handful of times).
    -Kenny

Kill Kare, if longer, would take it

Anything skiers right on the Gore Peak/Straightbrook area is dope.

chattemac are super fun on a good day- aka when theyre closed.
    --------------------------

fight for a good park.

best glades

i really like tawahus ,a bit of ahike but well worth it.the cave and khs were redone this summer and will be nice when the snows come. you cn thank charlie hippy and adam for taking care of these.fyi they are on the trail map. hope for snow.

tawhahus is my favorite glades also...the hike isnt bad until about the 4th time ya do it..then it starts to suck...but once your in there and there is good snow...its all good

gore does have some really great wood skiing, but the best trees in the north east are at jay peak, awsome. if gore could get more snow they would be right up there with them though, needle on needles. b

best glades

gore does have some really great wood skiing, but the best trees in the north east are at jay peak, awsome. if gore could get more snow they would be right up there with them though, needle on needles. b

JImmer ....are you stuttering again