Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Because of the link to Whiteface, which BTW I was very much in favor of, we can not have flame wars like this. Please knock it off, I'm at work and I don't have alot of time to be in here.
    I'm done HPD. Tell greg to STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    You are what you are Greg.
    Likewise, Willy.
    Greg

all this haight from a tele skier!! where's the luv man, where's the luv??

oh ya, you alpine turn w/ tele's...i get it now :P

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw

Jackie Boy's here!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw

Jackie Boy's here!

Where do you get those crazy pics? Actually where do you get those pics of the heavy chested women? Hmmmmm heavy chested women.

I have similar concerns as Willy. I notice it here as well as on AZ. If your arent praising someone or a mountain its automatically deemed against forum rules or whatnot. What happened to free speech?

I understand that there is a direct link to the Whiteface site, but if the only content allowed should NOT only include praises of the mountain. Criticisms are necessary not only for the public, but its also how improvements are made as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    You are what you are Greg.
    Likewise, Willy.
    Seriously - greg, you can have four people in here bouncing around talking about the same old stuff or you can have some "lively" chatter with willy. Thats what makes people pay attention, thats how you make money and thats how information is posted on this forum and how the local tourists are helped. Not much has been happening in here while he was banned you'll notice. ORDA may not have liked the RSN forum, but is was very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    I have similar concerns as Willy. I notice it here as well as on AZ. If your arent praising someone or a mountain its automatically deemed against forum rules or whatnot. What happened to free speech?

I understand that there is a direct link to the Whiteface site, but if the only content allowed should NOT only include praises of the mountain. Criticisms are necessary not only for the public, but its also how improvements are made as well.
    Free speech is guaranteed against govt intrusion, not by that of a private entity.

Regardless, it wasn't a lack of praise of a mountain that got FHW banned from AZ, it was an egregious and epithet filled rant against me b/c I happened to commit the thought crime of judging the Greens and Whites as better for skiing than the Dacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Regardless, it wasn't a lack of praise of a mountain that got FHW banned from AZ, it was an egregious and epithet filled rant against me b/c I happened to commit the thought crime of judging the Greens and Whites as better for skiing than the Dacks.
    No good will come from this thread so it's through. Tin, if you want to talk about what happened at AZ I would suggest that AZ would be the place to do it.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Ahhh.....the "free speech" argument. Let me address that one. Think of an online forum as a bulletin board in your local grocery store. The store owner (me) or the store managers (mods) have every right to remove something tacked to it they feel is inapropriate. The same thing applies here. Secondly, we've never, ever tried to quell someone's opinion. That's not what the rules are about. It's amazing that you would even suggest that. I challenge you to find one instance of me or a mod ever chastising someone for criticising a ski area.

And I agree. Again, show me one instance where that's done here. The point of trying to preserve the link from whiteface.com is to continue to drive targetted traffic here. It's a no-brainer to me and having ORDA's blessing is important. You never know; perhaps SkiADK members may see some perks via support from Whiteface and Gore someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavolion
    Seriously - greg, you can have four people in here bouncing around talking about the same old stuff or you can have some "lively" chatter with willy. Thats what makes people pay attention, thats how you make money and thats how information is posted on this forum and how the local tourists are helped. Not much has been happening in here while he was banned you'll notice. ORDA may not have liked the RSN forum, but is was very popular.
    And where's the RSN forums now? There's a reason they failed. Okay, so let's take a look at these tough rules:

http://forums.skiadk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

Those are the same as those posted on AZ and SkiMRV. There's nothing in there that any civil human being shouldn't be able to adhere to. It's really not all that restrictive, is it? Let's break it down:

Flaming
    Just asking for some civilty here. There's no reason to verbally attack somebody just because you disagree with them. A good rule of thumb is don't say something here that you wouldn't say to someone's face after meeting them for the first time.

Trolling
    Some folks get off on the attention received when they troll. Time to get a life...

Language
    Just try to keep it somewhat clean. A shit or crap here or there is no big deal. An F-bomb or C-word is a little bit too much. I have a potty mouth when hanging with the guys as much as anybody, but it's easy to not type it. Just conduct yourself as you would in any public setting while within ear-shot of others.

Advertisements/Promotions
    Nobody likes to be spammed. I don't have a problem with an established member promoting something though; or if an "ad" is truly on topic and might be considered very valuable to the community, we'll leave it.

Political Posts
    By political, we mean partisan politics. Often political debates just go in circles and result in one of the top three "rules" being violated so we've opted to pre-empt all that.

I don't know about anyone else, but this stuff doesn't seem like it should be all that hard to adhere to. My goal with AZ was to offer a place that anyone can feel comfortable contributing. Same approach here. Say some newbie clicks in here from the whiteface.com link and all they see is some cliquey banter between a group of guys as if they were in the locker room; they might decide to not participate.

Anyway, the dead horse is beaten by now...
    Greg