Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: I'm Defending the Adirondack's Honor

Quote Originally Posted by bushwackerVt
    Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    U wrong about Riveroil,
    No i'm not.

he a rightous dude and hard core skiier.
    No he isn't.

You're looking for verbal combat and he's giving you some. What's the problem?
    He's a dweeb HPD. And if you haven't figured that out yet then your dweeb-meter is on the fritz.
    FHW...your such a total tool! You started the verbal combat over at AZ and not once but twice you got owned. Your responses have been nothing but immature juvenile personal name calling. You obviously got no game and it shows. You made a total fool of yourself over at AZ. The DAK's do not need defending especially from the likes of you. Your pathetic attempt to try to slavage your pride by telling River that you didn't mean what you said and you were 'pulling his leg" was even more pathetic as everyone at AZ has read this thread and knows you were misrepresenting yourself...unreal! What a moron....

I can only surmise that your avatar is a recent pic of yourself. Can't wait for your intelligent response....
    Shut up pillow biter. I was gettin' "owned" so bad that lil-greggy booted me off the forum. BTW, how do you like my new Avatar?

Shut up pillow biter. I was gettin' "owned" so bad that lil-greggy booted me off the forum. BTW, how do you like my new Avatar?
    No. You got booted because you were an asshole over there. You're lucky you can still post here. You can thank HPD for that. And yeah, nice avatar. Just trying to get me to respond? Well, keep it up Willy. We'll see how long Whiteface decides to link to us from their home page. I basically created this forum for you former RSN ADK forum members. There are specific reasons why Whiteface pulled the plug in terms of officially being associated with it and why those forums all eventually failed. Effin ingrate.
    Greg

Re: "immature juvenile personal name calling"

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavolion
    Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    "bushwackerVT"

hum... how many immature juvenile personal names can I coin from that handle...... shall we start a list?

without immature juvenile personal name calling what fun would this world be???
    agreed - its amazing the amount of people on these forums take themselves so seriously--its an online forum, not a newspaper
    this isn't serious?? damn! ive been wasting my life away in here!

u guys really belong over at tgr...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    No. You got booted because you were an asshole over there. You're lucky you can still post here. You can thank HPD for that. And yeah, nice avatar. Just trying to get me to respond? Well, keep it up Willy. We'll see how long Whiteface decides to link to us from their home page. I basically created this forum for you former RSN ADK forum members. There are specific reasons why Whiteface pulled the plug in terms of officially being associated with it and why those forums all eventually failed. Effin ingrate.
    What do you want me to do Greg? Thank you for letting me back on? Not until you 'splain why I was booted in the first place. And it's gotta be more than "you were an asshole over there". As I remember it, I took a couple shots at your precious AZ and that's what really got ya'. The last thing I did was post something to Tinwoodsman where I called him an "idiot" but in the context of the entire post that was minor. What really gets you is my disdain for you and your forum. Afterall, you recently posted that "AZ is my life". You actually said that.

Greg you overmoderate. Period. It doesn't have to be a TGR free-for-all (although that place is a friggin' riot!) but it doesn't have to be the Wonder Bread/Happy place you've got goin' there either. The irony is that, for anybody who's actually payin' attention, skiing and skiing culture has always been a little rebellious, a little anti-establishment; ready to challenge the status-quo and conventional wisdom. You can run AZ anyway you want - I know that. But it bugs me Greg 'cus AZ is associated with Eastern skiing and frankly....... it makes us all look a little square in comparison to our West Coast brethren. Have a little think on that rather than getting defensive all the time.

What do you want me to do Greg? Thank you for letting me back on? Not until you 'splain why I was booted in the first place. And it's gotta be more than "you were an asshole over there". As I remember it, I took a couple shots at your precious AZ and that's what really got ya'.
    We have clearly defined guidelines. You violated several of them, over the course of a couple of days. I didn't have a knee-jerk reaction to ban you. I discussed it among the mods. We don't like to ban members and we take it seriously. We took the time to discuss it before doing so. My decision to ban you from here initially was to pre-empt exactly what you're doing now. I spoke with HPD about it. He was a bit miffed that as the mod here, he wasn't consulted on it. I agreed and admit that perhaps banning you here was unnecessary. So in the kindness of my dumb old heart, I let you back in.

The last thing I did was post something to Tinwoodsman where I called him an "idiot" but in the context of the entire post that was minor. What really gets you is my disdain for you and your forum.
    You have to be kidding if you think I really care what you think of me or AZ. I've been running a forum in one capacity or another for over six years. I've seen it all; been harassed; verbally attacked; threatened, you name it. My skin is pretty thick by now.

Afterall, you recently posted that "AZ is my life". You actually said that.
    Actually, Willy, my kids and my wife are my life. Skiing and AZ is my passion. That's what I said. Get it right.

Greg you overmoderate. Period. It doesn't have to be a TGR free-for-all (although that place is a friggin' riot!) but it doesn't have to be the Wonder Bread/Happy place you've got goin' there either. The irony is that, for anybody who's actually payin' attention, skiing and skiing culture has always been a little rebellious, a little anti-establishment; ready to challange the status-quo and conventional wisdom. You can run AZ anyway you want - I know that. But it bugs me Greg 'cus AZ is associated with Eastern skiing and frankly....... it makes us all look a little square in comparison to West Coast brethren. Have a little think on that rather than getting defensive all the time.
    What I've learned from running AZ for several years is that you can never please everyone. That's impossible. AZ is not for everyone. Neither is TGR. Personally, I don't like to have to sift through all the noise on boards like that. That's just my preference and partly why I've structured AZ the way it is. Based on its popularity, there are thousands of members that like it just the way it is so it ain't gonna change. If that's not your thing, then why didn't you just not post there? Instead you feel the need to try and skirt the line and test me and the mods. That's high school shit. Also, why do we need to "compete" with the West Coast? That sounds like something a tenth grader would say too. If you think you can do better, go ahead and start up your own forum. Have at it, buddy...
    Greg

Are you kidding me? You discussed it? What did you discuss? And what "guidelines" did I violate? You're so full of it! I took a shot at you and your "passion" AZ and you booted me. Because you could. That's all. Just like you're gonna do here. And you will be seen by all for what you are.

"Thousands of members". Puh-lease! As near as I can tell, you've got about 20 to 50 people that post there with any regularity and about six of 'em are mods! And no minutiae of the sport of skiing is too small to discuss, in excrutiating detail, for seven or eight pages. Every other thread is "Do you take your goggles off on the chairlift?" or "Which buckle on your boot do you buckle first?"

BTW, when you shamelessly rip-off press releases from, say, the APA, do you get permission to put "Alpine Zone News" as the by-line? Just wonderin'.

ya, west coast vs east coast!!! bring it!! hahahhaha!!

this is funny stuff!

fyi...tgr is rooted inda EAST!!!

Are you kidding me? You discussed it? What did you discuss? And what "guidelines" did I violate? You're so full of it! I took a shot at you and your "passion" AZ and you booted me. Because you could. That's all. Just like you're gonna do here. And you will be seen by all for what you are.

"Thousands of members". Puh-lease! As near as I can tell, you've got about 20 to 50 people that post there with any regularity and about six of 'em are mods! And no minutiae of the sport of skiing is too small to discuss, in excrutiating detail, for seven or eight pages. Every other thread is "Do you take your goggles off on the chairlift?" or "Which buckle on your boot do you buckle first?"
    Wow. You really are whacked out. Well, I guess you won't be subjected to AZ's excruciating detail anymore. What I really find ironic is that it was almost exactly one year ago that you sent me this PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by FHW on AZ, subject 'Great Site'
    Just want to say what a great site this has become! I've wasted hours in here already today (not good). This truly is an asset for Northeast skiers, riders and hikers. It really appears to have grown in the last year. Good job!
    I wonder which personality was presiding that day...

BTW, when you shamelessly rip-off press releases from, say, the APA, do you get permission to put "Alpine Zone News" as the by-line? Just wonderin'.
    Wow. If you must know, the press releases I publish are submitted to me directly. The point of a "press release" is for it to be re-published and redistributed..... Duh...

But hey, nice tries, Willy. Looks like you're the one who "will be seen by all for what you are"... I'm done here.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg

Wow. You really are whacked out. Well, I guess you won't be subjected to AZ's excruciating detail anymore. What I really find ironic is that it was almost exactly one year that you sent me this PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by FHW on AZ, subject 'Great Site'
    Just want to say what a great site this has become! I've wasted hours in here already today (not good). This truly is an asset for Northeast skiers, riders and hikers. It really appears to have grown in the last year. Good job!
    I wonder which personality was presiding that day...

Wow. If you must know, the press release I publish are submitted to me directly. The point of a "press release" is for it to be re-published and redistributed..... Duh...

But hey, nice tries, Willy. Looks like you're the one who "will be seen by all for what you are"... I'm done here.
    I knew you were gonna bring up that old PM Greg. Fact was, I did like the thread on "Guess the ski area" which had pics of different areas and you had to guess where it was from. But you'll note that I didn't post in there much and when I started lurkin' around again I realized that the thread I enjoyed was an anomoly and that you were an overmoderating ogre.

Kinda weird that you'd post a "PM" on the open board. That's pretty bad form. And what's really funny is that I can't get access to my old mailbox so that I can post your PMs to me or otherwise put that PM in some context. You are what you are Greg.

Because of the link to Whiteface, which BTW I was very much in favor of, we can not have flame wars like this. Please knock it off, I'm at work and I don't have alot of time to be in here.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.