Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Updated Trail Map

The trail map has been updated for this season to reflect the new trail "John's Bypass". While that isn't too exciting, I thought it was great that the map now features the Tree Island Pod as future terrain. Check it out:

http://www.whiteface.com/newsite/onmtn/trail_map.pdf

Also added to the map was "Blazer's Bluff". Its a small trail off of Lower Skyward that was proposed in the UMP. Is that debuting this season as well?

Is Blazers in the location of the little chute slide thing thats always roped off heavily on skiers left of Lower Sky? From the lift it looks as if the initial pitch of that trail is going to be seriously steep.

I think it is AdironRider.

Good to see those additions, but WF's trail map has got to be one of the worst in the industry for an area that aspires to be a player. They really need to just throw down some money and get James Niehues to do one, b/c the current map doesn't look very enticing at all.

Re: Updated Trail Map

Quote Originally Posted by takeahike46er
    The trail map has been updated for this season to reflect the new trail "John's Bypass". While that isn't too exciting, I thought it was great that the map now features the Tree Island Pod as future terrain. Check it out:

That is very cool. Thanks for the post.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    Is Blazers in the location of the little chute slide thing thats always roped off heavily on skiers left of Lower Sky? From the lift it looks as if the initial pitch of that trail is going to be seriously steep.
    I'll be there tomorrow. I'll find out details and report back here. Seeing that new map has me jazzed.

Re: Updated Trail Map

No trees have been cut yet for John's Bypass. I couldn't get a straight answer if it was going to be done this season or not. OldSkiBum went right to the top brass to find out the deal. The section to be cut is all marked out and everything is ready to go. The holdup is they need a signature in Albany for the final go ahead. They thought they would get it last week, but there was some kind of hold up. They hope to get it soon and the plan is to open it for this season.

Thanks for the dective work oldskibum.

Also added to the map was "Blazer's Bluff". Its a small trail off of Lower Skyward that was proposed in the UMP. Is that debuting this season as well?
    I could not find out for sure, but the opinions I heard where not this season.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    It is and it will be fun.