Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    Essex stays! It's one of the first blacks to open and skier's left on the lower half holds good snow. Plus, with more snow, that whacky bulge in the middle is a lot of fun skier's right. Plus it's part of the regular route and you can use it to avoid cluster corner on excelsior and still get over to lower cloud and chair 6. Duh!!
    With that rope at the bottom of essex on skier left it's becoming more difficult to cut across to lower cloud and chair 6. FILL IT IN ALREADY.

...you can use it to avoid clusterfuck corner on excelsior and still get over to lower cloud and chair 6. Duh!
    That's probably the best reason for keeping essex.

Here's the thing, other than nixing some silly greens maybe that really aren't needed- you don't need to get rid of anything! ... Just revegetate the edges of almost all the trails.
    I'm all for narrower trails at WF. Seeing the plans to widen virtually every trail on the mountain makes me shudder. (<---------- are you reading this Ted Blazer?) Unfortunately, acreage doesn't matter with regards to a cap on trail mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by takeahike46er
    Unfortunately, acreage doesn't matter with regards to a cap on trail mileage.
    Oh.

Nevermind.

[quote="takeahike46er"]
    With Easy Acres expanding and all the greens concentrated on skier's left side of the mountain, perhaps Wolf and Wolf Run could go. Wolf is isolated, disconnected from any other green run making it only valuable from the bear lift. +2350ft.[/guote]

Besides the one trail coming down from the pod where is Easy Acres expanding. It should with al the traffic the new lodge and parking lot will bring, but I have not heard anything about new trails or lifts there. Fill me in.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by takeahike46er
    Unfortunately, acreage doesn't matter with regards to a cap on trail mileage.
    I heard that before, it doesn't make alot of sense.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Do glades count against the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Do glades count against the cap?
    It would appear so based on the UMP. The glades are listed with their lengths and are tallied in with the total mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Besides the one trail coming down from the pod where is Easy Acres expanding.
    I didn't mean it is expanding as far as trails are concerned. With the lodge and the parking expanding it is becoming more and more of a self-contained area. So why not keep it all the beginner runs on that side?

Good quesiton- I was just going to ask that. If the glades count I would fill in the "silver" and the "golden glades." I would also close, Deer, Wolf and Wolf Run because nobody uses them despite the fact that they were trails I learned on.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl50
    If the glades count I would fill in the "silver" and the "golden glades."

Silver Glade is listed as 1425 ft.
    Golden Glade is 950 ft.

2375 ft. = a "Mountain Run" length trail

Id get rid of those pretty useless greens on the opposite side of the halfpipe. Then perhaps even a green or two over by the terrain park. That would open up some space for some harder trails off the summit/new trail pod.