For what it's worth

I ski 2/3 days per week at my local hill here in central NY (Greek Peak), and have done so for the past 35 years. When first out of college I lived up at Smuggs for 4 yrs sking all over the Northeast and Canada, or at least wherever our 1971 f250 would take us. As far as I'm concerned there is great skiing all over the friggin place BUT, WF is as good if not better than any place in the east. It's a true "skiers" mountain, you all know what I mean. My point to all that crap is that I check in on this forum from time to time because we all have a common interest, and that is skiing. I find it very usefull to get the true skiiny on conditons before we head up there, and that's usually 5ish times a year.
    The older I get the faster I was

Re: For what it's worth

Quote Originally Posted by campgottagopee
    I ski 2/3 days per week at my local hill here in central NY (Greek Peak), and have done so for the past 35 years. When first out of college I lived up at Smuggs for 4 yrs sking all over the Northeast and Canada, or at least wherever our 1971 f250 would take us. As far as I'm concerned there is great skiing all over the friggin place BUT, WF is as good if not better than any place in the east. It's a true "skiers" mountain, you all know what I mean. My point to all that crap is that I check in on this forum from time to time because we all have a common interest, and that is skiing. I find it very usefull to get the true skiiny on conditons before we head up there, and that's usually 5ish times a year.
    Thanks Camp for spreading some love. Look as up in the Cloudspin Lounge next time you come up.

Will do SOD, like I said we do get up there quite a bit so we'll get together and have an adult beverage or 2. We typically hit it mid week as to miss all the mumble-jumble. Ya'll around during the week?

Quote Originally Posted by campgottagopee
    Will do SOD, like I said we do get up there quite a bit so we'll get together and have an adult beverage or 2. We typically hit it mid week as to miss all the mumble-jumble. Ya'll around during the week?
    Unfortunately no. I've got this nasty habit called work that keeps me away during the week. Maybe after the new year begins and I get days off again I could hit it during the week.

Born to ski, forced to work.

I hear ya, I've got one of those jobees myself, but save vacation days for NE powder days. Yee ha!!

Hey camp, we're on the slopes nearly every Tues. and Thurs. And we like a little refreshment now and then, after a good day. Then again, there is no such thing as a bad day at the face !! Maybe we can get together one of those days.

OSB, that sound great. We usually hit PJ's for a late lunch, and a couple home brews when were done for the day. I'll give a holler when we're heading up there to see who'll be around.