My take on Greg and this forum

SOD and I have met him and skied with him and he is a good guy. When you meet a person face to face is when you get to know them, not from behind a computer monitor.

Example: When I only knew Keith as Ghostrider I could take him or leave him. When I got to know him personally I found him to be a great guy and passionate skier and enjoy his company in the bar or on the trail.

The only reason we have this forum is because Greg agreed to do it. There’s nothing in it for him. I asked him to try it and he did it as a favor.

Anytime any of you needed assistance with your aviatar, password, etc. he’s the one who takes care of it, I just relay the message.

He’s let me know that he will not be involved in the moderation of this forum any longer. It’s up to us what kind of forum it will be.

When Keith suggested another forum, I signed up ready to have a free for all, but for whatever reason it didn’t seem to take off.

Because of the link to WF’s web page I cannot let this place turn into an RSN clone. I have good reasons for this stand, which I’m not going to go into now. If it goes that way I’m going to resign as moderator.

It’s not worth it to me to make people I associate with at WF mad at me, plus I have no interest in being a police type in here.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Re: My take on Greg and this forum

word

well put!

although, there is something in it for him. i do believe he would admit to that

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw
    well put!

I assume you're talking money. He told me the only way he'd take the forum down is if it got too expensive to keep up. He told me last year it lost money, but AZ made up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw
    well put!

I assume you're talking money. He told me the only way he'd take the forum down is if it got too expensive to keep up. He told me last year it lost money, but AZ made up for it.
    he can make money through advertising. nobody is going to advertise if there isnt anyone talking in here. being on a link to whiteface certainly helps him make money as opposed to beign a free standing website amongst the many.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavolion
    he can make money through advertising. nobody is going to advertise if there isnt anyone talking in here. being on a link to whiteface certainly helps him make money as opposed to beign a free standing website amongst the many.
    OK, for the sake of argument lets say he was lying to me and he made money from this forum, or he hopes to make money in the future, so what, it's the American way. If you invest time, effort, and $ into a hobby and it turns into a side business I say good for you.

For the record I was the one who suggested the link to WF cause I wanted new people to discover it and it would take off.

ya, he would be nuts not to get something for his efforts! i didn't mean to imply cash...i guarantee that he would never pay for a ride up the hill at WF. and that all good...good for him.

Example: When I only knew Keith as Ghostrider I could take him or leave him. When I got to know him personally I found him to be a great guy and passionate skier and enjoy his company in the bar or on the trail.

On trail??? the only place he ever sees U is at the bar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas

On trail??? the only place he ever sees U is at the bar!!!

I guess I spend too much time drinking beer. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure I was drunk when I wrote that you where a great guy, a passoniate skier and that I enjoyed your company. Yeah, I must of been to write that. Scary how alcohol can effect ones judgment.

I guess I spend too much time drinking beer.

is Homer Simpson your hero?? Do U love him?