Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiking

Hiking

So I have been doing some hiking since I have been up here and get a lot of satisfaction after the hike is done. WHat I am noticing is that the walk up the mountain is fine it is on the way down my feet get ripped to shreds.
    Is this something everone experiences?

descending is harder. unless you're on skis.

tender feet

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    So I have been doing some hiking since I have been up here and get a lot of satisfaction after the hike is done. WHat I am noticing is that the walk up the mountain is fine it is on the way down my feet get ripped to shreds.
    keep hiking and your feet will toughen up

Re: Hiking

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    u have soft girlie feet and hands. hiking down doesnt bother my feet, just knees. maybe you need to invest in a nice pair of hiking socks.

tj- get a better pair of boots, something with a good mid-sole for support and make sure they lock your heel down, just like a ski boot. also, i started using spring action poles for the accent as well as the decent. it took a lot of pressure off my knees and feet. bottom line is that going down pretty much sucks...wait for the snow, hike up and ski down.

spring action poles

R4 old guys!! I take the stress off by using momenteum: run, jump run then use the flat areas to ditch speed. good ski trainning - less stress, less effort

Jack UR a serious poser

Re: spring action poles

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    R4 old guys!! I take the stress off by using momenteum: run, jump run then use the flat areas to ditch speed. good ski trainning - less stress, less effort

Jack UR a serious poser
    "run, jump run" i bet u throw a little skip in there too...cheese ball! i think tj is hiking more than his backyard w/ the dog!!

we all know who the poser is!!!

Speaking of which, check out SAC right now

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    Speaking of which, check out SAC right now
    Glad you put that up Willy, I just ordered a pair.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Duct tape.
    That's all that keeps my feet from getting torn up. No matter the boots when i descend i get heel blisters. My solution was to duct tape over my heels. Works like a charm.