Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which trail represents Gore the most?

If you had to represent Gore by displaying one trail, what would it be?
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Ummm . . . Let's see . . . I guess the combination of Twister/Twister Glades.

Twister Represents the Mountain's Lower half, with GREAT cruisers, good grooming, and fast skiing.
    Twister Glades represents the wilder side of Gore. One of the longest gladed trails in the east, it provides tons of tree lines (and even more if you hike up to Burnt Ridge).

Although, if I wanted to show off Gore to someone, I'd take him down Rumor - steep, bumped, and usually full of quality skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry
    Gore-e-gully.

I would agree with the above, but to show off Gore's history I would choose Upper Darby and Lower Steilhang. Love those narrow twisty trails.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    Ummm . . . Let's see . . . I guess the combination of Twister/Twister Glades.

Twister Represents the Mountain's Lower half, with GREAT cruisers, good grooming, and fast skiing.
    Twister Glades represents the wilder side of Gore. One of the longest gladed trails in the east, it provides tons of tree lines (and even more if you hike up to Burnt Ridge).

Although, if I wanted to show off Gore to someone, I'd take him down Rumor - steep, bumped, and usually full of quality skiers.
    Rumors a good one b/c you have to skate to get there and gore's all about the skate.

I too would have to go with twister. It is my favorite first run of the day there is always good cover and the grooming is awesome. One of my favorite parts of the trail is the dip on skiiers right before you connect with showcase
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

What Gore would want us to say: Rumor, with some of the steepest pitches this side of the Rockies.

What most of you are saying: Twister, because it's great and soft and fun.

In reality, Gore-E-Gully(new and old)...................dedicated family mountain/stingy freeride mountain.

I think the true splender of Gore Mountain is best described with its extremely technical Cloud trail. It combines every aspect of skiing. Steep slopes for those of us that really want to feel the adrenaline pumping as well as deep pow for the adventerous types out there. I also think its a great learning environment for those of us starting out who really want a feel for the mountain before they simply dive into it. Overall I would say that the majority of people come to Gore simply for Cloud and that it accuretly represents the mountain in full.

i would say the nastar track, because that represents all gore cares about to the fullest- park, pow, and freeriding.
    --------------------------

fight for a good park.