Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobesssss
    That doesn't change the fact that when the glades are closed there is snow in there and when their open even right when they open up that day there is less snow then when they're closed.
    So they close them when there is alot of snow and open them when there is less snow and that's a fact. Where are you gettin your facts from?
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    That doesn't change the fact that when the glades are closed there is snow in there and when their open even right when they open up that day there is less snow then when they're closed.
    So they close them when there is alot of snow and open them when there is less snow and that's a fact. Where are you gettin your facts from?
    Just a guess, but from skiing there. They get tracked out super quick and then the snowpack is supppper low. Close rope = two or three tracks and more snow to ski on(any time after late December).

Ooh so were playing mind games now. For your little interenet pleasure I'll retract the word fact. mmmk pumkin, you better now.

i usually stay out of the marked glades becasue yeah they get tracked out so quick. the only ones that stay decent if you can get over far enough are chatemac.

As for getting your ticket clipped- im ready to risk it, whats better than pow lines?
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Ooh so were playing mind games now. For your little interenet pleasure I'll retract the word fact. mmmk pumkin, you better now.
    Sorry, didn’t realize you where so sensitive.

Back on topic, help me understand your logic. Why would Gore close their glades when there is a lot of snow in them and only open them when there is not? What purpose would that serve?
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmorry326
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Drifter

One thing you forget is unlike all those areas you mention Gore is STATE owned. Liability is always on their minds and they sooner error on the side of being over cautious whereas those private and/or corporate owned areas are willing to take a bit of a risk to bring in the bodies.
    So are you agreeing with me that they should open them up more and hate the liability? Or think they're making the right call?
    Yes.

I never said they close them because their is too much snow or open them because there isn't any. If you want to ski them with snow, you go when their closed, If their open you have no chance of skiing anything except dirt rocks

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Sorry, didn’t realize you where so sensitive.

Back on topic, help me understand your logic. Why would Gore close their glades when there is a lot of snow in them and only open them when there is not? What purpose would that serve?

thats kind of exactly what were getting at here. good job.
    --------------------------

fight for a good park.

It's not a matter of OPEN = less snow CLOSED = more snow...it's a matter of CLOSED = More untracked snow OPEN = Super quickly tracked out stamped out snow(seemingly less).

Yeah, there are still stashes all over the mountain if you know where to look . . .

And really, the only ones that get super tracked out are the obvious ones - Pine Brook glades (which you basically step right into when you get off the Gondola) and Straightbrook Glades (which you can see from the lift). Twister Glades get tracked out after about a day, but there is so much space there, you can usually find good lines a couple hours into a powder day. And you can find even more if you hike up to Burnt Ridge - plus some 5-10 foot cliffs for you hooligans (this is on the trail map, so I'm not giving away anything). Plus there are the Glades nobody ever thinks of - Twister Glades, Otter Slide Glades and High Pines. If there's a good base and a decent powder day, you should have no trouble getting fresh tracks all day.

Just don't show up on Saturday after a Wednesday storm and expect to get freshies.