Thread: Input

Input

Okay guys looking for some input on what new boards i should pursue this year. I'm currently on a 2 year old pair of Atomic sx 11's, and really dig them. They're big time stable at speeds, and amazingly plow thru the crud. I really likr the review of the Nordica Top Fuel, and was hoping for soem input. My other two possible choices would be Fisher SC or Atomic sx12. Thanks
    The older I get the faster I was

Re: Input

Quote Originally Posted by campgottagopee
    Okay guys looking for some input on what new boards i should pursue this year. I'm currently on a 2 year old pair of Atomic sx 11's, and really dig them. They're big time stable at speeds, and amazingly plow thru the crud. I really likr the review of the Nordica Top Fuel, and was hoping for soem input. My other two possible choices would be Fisher SC or Atomic sx12. Thanks
    Even though I think it's critical to try before you buy, I'll respond by saying I demoed every high end ski I could get out on last season, and just bought a pair of Top Fuels.

I totally agree. I demoed a bunch last year and really thought that ski ripped. Was just looking for any info someone might have due to the fact it's tough for me to venture away from Atomic. Think it's time.

TF is a great ski for WF. It's stiff, fast and holds a great edge on hard pack. It's waisted at 78 so it's wide enough for pow, trees, crud. In the spring time it's wide tip busts through heavy snow piles like they're not there.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    TF is a great ski for WF. It's stiff, fast and holds a great edge on hard pack. It's waisted at 78 so it's wide enough for pow, trees, crud. In the spring time it's wide tip busts through heavy snow piles like they're not there.
    I tried them last spring in some very heavy snow, and found that they really handled it quite well. My atomics did just okay (much narrower in the waist). I think Nordica really hit a home run with this ski.

I tried them last spring in some very heavy snow, and found that they really handled it quite well. My atomics did just okay (much narrower in the waist). I think Nordica really hit a home run with this ski.
    It is a good ski. Check out the volki, atomic, k-2 in the same width. They all perform very well they have different rebounds though. I believe the Volki got the best rating this year.

And on that subject, what I find really amazing about the Top Fuel is that it skis more like 68 under foot on hard pack, and glare, but is every bit of 78 in crud busting, and moderate pow. No doubt all the mags got it right when they gave it the award for the one ski quiver.