Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmorry326
    Quite possible only newstands/ski shop copies have Eastern Scene section...only time I've ever seen it...subscription has always been East-less.

Someone scan the slides picture and article.
    So the suckers like us who give them the regular business they so desire get screwed out of special sections? I know I'm not renewing.
    Why do you get that rag anyway? Don't you think it sucks? Powder, Backcountry or Coulior are a lot better. Pretty good and interesting writing and good gear reviews. Ski/Skiing not so good. (Not to be confused with Skier which isn't so bad.) I dunno. YMMV.

[/quote] Why do you get that rag anyway? Don't you think it sucks? Powder, Backcountry or Coulior are a lot better. Pretty good and interesting writing and good gear reviews. Ski/Skiing not so good. (Not to be confused with Skier which isn't so bad.) I dunno. YMMV.[/quote]

I do now. I get them for the gear reviews. From now on I'll pay the newstand price for those once a year and be done with it.

gear reviews

Why do you get that rag anyway? Don't you think it sucks? Powder, Backcountry or Coulior are a lot better. Pretty good and interesting writing and good gear reviews. Ski/Skiing not so good. (Not to be confused with Skier which isn't so bad.) I dunno. YMMV.[/quote]

I do now. I get them for the gear reviews. From now on I'll pay the newstand price for those once a year and be done with it. [/quote]

are based on advertising money!! hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sucker!

Re: gear reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    Why do you get that rag anyway? Don't you think it sucks? Powder, Backcountry or Coulior are a lot better. Pretty good and interesting writing and good gear reviews. Ski/Skiing not so good. (Not to be confused with Skier which isn't so bad.) I dunno. YMMV.
    I do now. I get them for the gear reviews. From now on I'll pay the newstand price for those once a year and be done with it. [/quote]

are based on advertising money!! hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sucker![/quote]

Funny last year the Nordica took the number one ski. The year before it was the atomic. This year it is the volkie. Its got validity to it. Stop being so negative. Just because stokli does not rate does not mean it all marketing money

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67

Funny last year the Nordica took the number one ski. The year before it was the atomic. This year it is the volkie. Its got validity to it. Stop being so negative. Just because stokli does not rate does not mean it all marketing money
    it's based on the testers and tweeked by the mag and writers imo. i think they're smart and try to mix it up among their biggest advertisers. you will never see stockli top rated 'cause they don't advertise...although, they should be top rated. it is mostly bs imo.

even freeskier this month rated vail or aspen (i always mix up those two posh hills) the # 1 hill and JH second. that is just comedy!!

JH Rules!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw

it's based on the testers and tweeked by the mag and writers imo. i think they're smart and try to mix it up among their biggest advertisers. you will never see stockli top rated 'cause they don't advertise...although, they should be top rated. it is mostly bs imo.

even freeskier this month rated vail or aspen (i always mix up those two posh hills) the # 1 hill and JH second. that is just comedy!!
    loved that hill! HostelX is best deal I ever got hooked w/!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw

If they have that many testers there has to be some validity to it. It certainly narrows down a bunch of skiis to a few with a little reading. The tendencies of the skiis are correct. You can find the style you are looking for then try it out. I was looking for something with a softer rebound so I can fart around but when I jump on them they perform. It took me to the K-2 that I ride. Love the ski. For what its worth I find it a good guide.

[/quote] I do now. I get them for the gear reviews. From now on I'll pay the newstand price for those once a year and be done with it. [/quote]

are based on advertising money!! hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sucker![/quote]

Funny last year the Nordica took the number one ski. The year before it was the atomic. This year it is the volkie. Its got validity to it. Stop being so negative. Just because stokli does not rate does not mean it all marketing money[/quote]

They mention Stockli skis in there. I use it to get an idea of what I should demo. The marketing worked on you last year cause you bought Nordica's albeit the wrong ones. You should paid more attention to the top sheet of the skis before you pay retail. SUCKER.

Funny last year the Nordica took the number one ski. The year before it was the atomic. This year it is the volkie. Its got validity to it. Stop being so negative. Just because stokli does not rate does not mean it all marketing money[/quote]

They mention Stockli skis in there. I use it to get an idea of what I should demo. The marketing worked on you last year cause you bought Nordica's albeit the wrong ones. You should paid more attention to the top sheet of the skis before you pay retail. SUCKER. [/quote]

I skiied on Nordica back in the 99-00 season - on a cool blue stick called Nordica Wave - way be4 daddy was a rep - Mets Fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Drifter
    They mention Stockli skis in there. I use it to get an idea of what I should demo. The marketing worked on you last year cause you bought Nordica's albeit the wrong ones. You should paid more attention to the top sheet of the skis before you pay retail. SUCKER.
    He thought he was buying Top Fuels, but grabbed Eliminators instead.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.