Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mammoth

Quote Originally Posted by Tmorry326
    I thank god everyday for the world class pipe after the event...it really is that rad.

Aside from that, last season or so on the Gore Gondola I heard an middle aged gentleman tell his friend of the same age about the comp. I now guess snowboarders and "trick skiers" alike were going over 25 feet out. I was impressed, and giggling a little inside.
    They're called JIBBERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    I got into the halfpipe argument with SOD last year. It basically comes down to the fact that hed rather see the snowmaking on other trails on the mountain.
    Thank you. It's not that I don't want them to never blow snow on the pipe just make sure the rest of the mountain gets it's share as well. That pipe can hog the guns sometimes.
    S.O.B.- You cannot be serious saying that the rest of the mountain (not just talking about whiteface here) should get its fair share of snowmaking, because in EVERY case the rest of the mountain does get its "share". In addition the amount of guns used and the time used does not have such as an immense impact as you seem to think.

I don't think that it is the freeskiers (jibbers?) and snowboarders (who pay the same amount for their passes and tickets as you do) that have been doing the most complaining, I think it's you the spoiled ‘older’ (just and assumptions) crowd that cannot deal with a little bit of change who have been complaining too much. But hey, maybe I am wrong
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

[quote="Son of Drifter"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    I just thought that it was a cool idea to cater to both the needs/wants of both skiers and snowboarders. I’m not trying to start a debate or anything but your post sorta gets under my skin. First of all I just want to put this out there- I hate the whole snowboard/skier 'rivalry' I think that it should totally be dropped because we are all on the mountain for the same reasons.
    "I used to hate the half pipes because they took up valuable ski terrain" - Before the super pipe was put in did you ski Bear daily? I don’t feel Bear is a valuable piece of terrain nor do I think 95% of the people on the mountain think this either. The people that it may be valuable to are the beginners, which in fact have their own section of the mountain. (Kids campus).

The terrain park used to be on Parkway which is a very nice low expert trail and pretty.

Maybe you are right, but we are talking about the pipe

Secondly you make it sound like it is just the snowboarders that complain- any skier into freestyle says the same thing about any mountain so don’t point fingers at just the snowboarders (maybe you aren’t because I am not sure what your interpretation of 'jibber' is) Look at the gore message board skiers are posting complaints and making fun of the parks just as much as snowboarders are.

Jibber's are the freestyle twin tips skiers you see in the park and pipe.
    Jibbing is a term used when skiers and snowboarders alike grind of various objects i.e- handrails

Maybe you didn’t mean for your post to come across this way, maybe it doesn't and it’s just me. Either way I suppose my point is that I'm tired of this stupid skier vs. snowboarder thing, its lame.

And this goes out to 'both sides' next time you complain about the opposite "sex"(for lack of a better term) on the hill- its easy to pick up on someone else's faults, in this case I’m talking about snowboarders seeing skiers vaults and vice versa. We all do the same stupid things at one point or another i.e. cutting people off, plowing snow off the trail and complaining about stupid sh*t and yes sometimes snowboarders do sit in the middle of the trail but on the other end of things- skiers don’t sit they stand, and sometimes they stand at the top of a trail or at the intersection of a trail.

Please at least you can SEE the skier standing in the middle (very rarely) of a trail. When the knuckle draggers are sitting on their asses is very hard to see them until you're right on top of them.
    The only place i see a high number of snowboarders sitting is on beginner trails and the bunny slope- most of the time because they are tired or discouraged from trying to participate in a physical demanding sport.- please try to forgive these preteen and teenaged kids for getting out and trying to do some physical activity

So just remember next time you point a finger at the opposite 'sex' think back to that one time you did something stupid or out of line on the hill.

Fortunately the last time I did something stupid on a hill was when I was a teenager and back then (dating myself) snowboarding didn't really exist on the east coast. Ahhhh the good old days.

I am glad to hear that. But in case you have not noticed the "older" crowd isn't so much into snowboarding... because it is hard to pick up. OUTGOING TEENAGERS are- teenagers yes do make many mistakes just like they do off of the hill

Happy turns!
    I'm not trying to pick on snowboarders (too easy really) but I'm sick of all the complaining about the halfpipe. There is a ton of other terrain they can rip on besides that. Is not like any of these guys are doing cork 720's ten feet above the lip. They ride about half way up the wall and fall down. JUST SHUT UP AND RIDE.

what do you get out of being a complete jerk?

Happy turns.

totally boring

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

[quote="Lbtchnlgs"]
    I just thought that it was a cool idea to cater to both the needs/wants of both skiers and snowboarders. I’m not trying to start a debate or anything but your post sorta gets under my skin. First of all I just want to put this out there- I hate the whole snowboard/skier 'rivalry' I think that it should totally be dropped because we are all on the mountain for the same reasons.
    "I used to hate the half pipes because they took up valuable ski terrain" - Before the super pipe was put in did you ski Bear daily? I don’t feel Bear is a valuable piece of terrain nor do I think 95% of the people on the mountain think this either. The people that it may be valuable to are the beginners, which in fact have their own section of the mountain. (Kids campus).

The terrain park used to be on Parkway which is a very nice low expert trail and pretty.

Maybe you are right, but we are talking about the pipe

Secondly you make it sound like it is just the snowboarders that complain- any skier into freestyle says the same thing about any mountain so don’t point fingers at just the snowboarders (maybe you aren’t because I am not sure what your interpretation of 'jibber' is) Look at the gore message board skiers are posting complaints and making fun of the parks just as much as snowboarders are.

Jibber's are the freestyle twin tips skiers you see in the park and pipe.
    Jibbing is a term used when skiers and snowboarders alike grind of various objects i.e- handrails

Maybe you didn’t mean for your post to come across this way, maybe it doesn't and it’s just me. Either way I suppose my point is that I'm tired of this stupid skier vs. snowboarder thing, its lame.

And this goes out to 'both sides' next time you complain about the opposite "sex"(for lack of a better term) on the hill- its easy to pick up on someone else's faults, in this case I’m talking about snowboarders seeing skiers vaults and vice versa. We all do the same stupid things at one point or another i.e. cutting people off, plowing snow off the trail and complaining about stupid sh*t and yes sometimes snowboarders do sit in the middle of the trail but on the other end of things- skiers don’t sit they stand, and sometimes they stand at the top of a trail or at the intersection of a trail.

Please at least you can SEE the skier standing in the middle (very rarely) of a trail. When the knuckle draggers are sitting on their asses is very hard to see them until you're right on top of them.
    The only place i see a high number of snowboarders sitting is on beginner trails and the bunny slope- most of the time because they are tired or discouraged from trying to participate in a physical demanding sport.- please try to forgive these preteen and teenaged kids for getting out and trying to do some physical activity

So just remember next time you point a finger at the opposite 'sex' think back to that one time you did something stupid or out of line on the hill.

Fortunately the last time I did something stupid on a hill was when I was a teenager and back then (dating myself) snowboarding didn't really exist on the east coast. Ahhhh the good old days.

I am glad to hear that. But in case you have not noticed the "older" crowd isn't so much into snowboarding... because it is hard to pick up. OUTGOING TEENAGERS are- teenagers yes do make many mistakes just like they do off of the hill

Happy turns!
    I'm not trying to pick on snowboarders (too easy really) but I'm sick of all the complaining about the halfpipe. There is a ton of other terrain they can rip on besides that. Is not like any of these guys are doing cork 720's ten feet above the lip. They ride about half way up the wall and fall down. JUST SHUT UP AND RIDE.

what do you get out of being a complete jerk?

Happy turns.
    Getting you all pissed off over nothing. LOL I knew all it would take was a little bait and a sucker would jump on the hook. HAHAHAHAHAHA Sucker. Look how all hot and bothered you got. HAHAHAHAHA Thanks for the laughs.

well at least when all is said and done you come out being the mature one

well at least when all is said and done you come out being the mature one

SOD, your just plain full of shit. How is your wanting snowmaking elsewhere any different than a contingent of other paying customers wanting the pipe earlier in the season. I honestly think its total BS that Whiteface hypes their pipe to prospective passholders and visitors then doesnt open it up till the end of March when 95% of the people who wanted to use it cant. (And they do I just bought my pass and got like 70 stickers for Whiteface park and pipe in their packet deal)How many people ride after March? Im not a big pipe guy myself, I can air out and do a couple spins, doesnt mean its not fun as hell. Even when I couldnt even get out it was still fun as hell. Just because you dont think it is doenst mean the rest of us cant. Frankly it seems like more people have voiced an opinion contrary to yours, so you can STFU as far as Im concerned.

Overreacting 101.
    There's no need to get that upset. Whiteface links to this page-
    Whiteface hypes their pipe not because of when they open it but rather because they do open a world class pipe at all.
    As for the snowmaking on other parts of the mountain- that's just money- more people want to use the trails than would EVER want to use a huge superpipe.
    I also would like to point out that by december the last two years I've seen great terrain parks with rails and jumps up and running all over the mountain. (esp. the set up on brookside last year- that thing is great.)

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    SOD, your just plain full of shit. How is your wanting snowmaking elsewhere any different than a contingent of other paying customers wanting the pipe earlier in the season. I honestly think its total BS that Whiteface hypes their pipe to prospective passholders and visitors then doesnt open it up till the end of March when 95% of the people who wanted to use it cant. (And they do I just bought my pass and got like 70 stickers for Whiteface park and pipe in their packet deal)How many people ride after March? Im not a big pipe guy myself, I can air out and do a couple spins, doesnt mean its not fun as hell. Even when I couldnt even get out it was still fun as hell. Just because you dont think it is doenst mean the rest of us cant. Frankly it seems like more people have voiced an opinion contrary to yours, so you can STFU as far as Im concerned.

Would you care for some cheese with you whine, sir?