Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mammoth

Mammoth

I like the sound of mammoth- half pipe #2 on priority list unlike most resorts
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    I used to hate the half pipes because they took up valueable ski terrain, ate into snowmaking resources, etc. Now they can't get them up and running fast enough. If the half pipe at any resort isn't open the first day, all the snowboards and jibbers cry like a baby being pulled from a tet. Bitch Bitch and bitch somemore until it's open. And then it's not up the their standards. I wish some mountain (not WF) would make every trail a pipe or park or all these whinny candy a$$ boarder can go there and leave the goods to the real rippers.

P.S. Not all snowboaders are whinny and cry about a lack of a half pipe, it just seems that way. I apologize to those that don't. The whinny brats are giving real riders a bad name.

whiteface half pipe is a major priority--its just that the world cup snowboard event isnt until march. they cant start building it in the beginning of the season. shouldnt complain, you get a world class half pipe to play in when its done and you cant get that at any other east coast resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Drifter
    I used to hate the half pipes because they took up valueable ski terrain, ate into snowmaking resources, etc. Now they can't get them up and running fast enough. If the half pipe at any resort isn't open the first day, all the snowboards and jibbers cry like a baby being pulled from a tet. Bitch Bitch and bitch somemore until it's open. And then it's not up the their standards. I wish some mountain (not WF) would make every trail a pipe or park or all these whinny candy a$$ boarder can go there and leave the goods to the real rippers.

P.S. Not all snowboaders are whinny and cry about a lack of a half pipe, it just seems that way. I apologize to those that don't. The whinny brats are giving real riders a bad name.

I just thought that it was a cool idea to cater to both the needs/wants of both skiers and snowboarders.

I’m not trying to start a debate or anything but your post sorta gets under my skin. First of all I just want to put this out there- I hate the whole snowboard/skier 'rivalry' I think that it should totally be dropped because we are all on the mountain for the same reasons.

"I used to hate the half pipes because they took up valuable ski terrain" - Before the super pipe was put in did you ski Bear daily? I don’t feel Bear is a valuable piece of terrain nor do I think 95% of the people on the mountain think this either. The people that it may be valuable to are the beginners, which in fact have their own section of the mountain. (Kids campus).

Secondly you make it sound like it is just the snowboarders that complain- any skier into freestyle says the same thing about any mountain so don’t point fingers at just the snowboarders (maybe you aren’t because I am not sure what your interpretation of 'jibber' is) Look at the gore message board skiers are posting complaints and making fun of the parks just as much as snowboarders are.

Maybe you didn’t mean for your post to come across this way, maybe it doesn't and it’s just me. Either way I suppose my point is that I'm tired of this stupid skier vs. snowboarder thing, its lame.

And this goes out to 'both sides' next time you complain about the opposite "sex"(for lack of a better term) on the hill- its easy to pick up on someone else's faults, in this case I’m talking about snowboarders seeing skiers vaults and vice versa. We all do the same stupid things at one point or another i.e. cutting people off, plowing snow off the trail and complaining about stupid sh*t and yes sometimes snowboarders do sit in the middle of the trail but on the other end of things- skiers don’t sit they stand, and sometimes they stand at the top of a trail or at the intersection of a trail.

So just remember next time you point a finger at the opposite 'sex' think back to that one time you did something stupid or out of line on the hill.

Happy turns!
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

I thank god everyday for the world class pipe after the event...it really is that rad.

Aside from that, last season or so on the Gore Gondola I heard an middle aged gentleman tell his friend of the same age about the comp. I now guess snowboarders and "trick skiers" alike were going over 25 feet out. I was impressed, and giggling a little inside.

I got into the halfpipe argument with SOD last year. It basically comes down to the fact that hed rather see the snowmaking on other trails on the mountain.

I just thought that it was a cool idea to cater to both the needs/wants of both skiers and snowboarders.

I’m not trying to start a debate or anything but your post sorta gets under my skin. First of all I just want to put this out there- I hate the whole snowboard/skier 'rivalry' I think that it should totally be dropped because we are all on the mountain for the same reasons.

"I used to hate the half pipes because they took up valuable ski terrain" - Before the super pipe was put in did you ski Bear daily? I don’t feel Bear is a valuable piece of terrain nor do I think 95% of the people on the mountain think this either. The people that it may be valuable to are the beginners, which in fact have their own section of the mountain. (Kids campus).

Secondly you make it sound like it is just the snowboarders that complain- any skier into freestyle says the same thing about any mountain so don’t point fingers at just the snowboarders (maybe you aren’t because I am not sure what your interpretation of 'jibber' is) Look at the gore message board skiers are posting complaints and making fun of the parks just as much as snowboarders are.

Maybe you didn’t mean for your post to come across this way, maybe it doesn't and it’s just me. Either way I suppose my point is that I'm tired of this stupid skier vs. snowboarder thing, its lame.

And this goes out to 'both sides' next time you complain about the opposite "sex"(for lack of a better term) on the hill- its easy to pick up on someone else's faults, in this case I’m talking about snowboarders seeing skiers vaults and vice versa. We all do the same stupid things at one point or another i.e. cutting people off, plowing snow off the trail and complaining about stupid sh*t and yes sometimes snowboarders do sit in the middle of the trail but on the other end of things- skiers don’t sit they stand, and sometimes they stand at the top of a trail or at the intersection of a trail.

So just remember next time you point a finger at the opposite 'sex' think back to that one time you did something stupid or out of line on the hill.

Happy turns!
    yea what he said. haha good post man.
    --------------------------

fight for a good park.

[quote="Lbtchnlgs"]
    I just thought that it was a cool idea to cater to both the needs/wants of both skiers and snowboarders. I’m not trying to start a debate or anything but your post sorta gets under my skin. First of all I just want to put this out there- I hate the whole snowboard/skier 'rivalry' I think that it should totally be dropped because we are all on the mountain for the same reasons.

The terrain park used to be on Parkway which is a very nice low expert trail and pretty.

Jibber's are the freestyle twin tips skiers you see in the park and pipe.

Please at least you can SEE the skier standing in the middle (very rarely) of a trail. When the knuckle draggers are sitting on their asses is very hard to see them until you're right on top of them.

Fortunately the last time I did something stupid on a hill was when I was a teenager and back then (dating myself) snowboarding didn't really exist on the east coast. Ahhhh the good old days.

Happy turns!
    I'm not trying to pick on snowboarders (too easy really) but I'm sick of all the complaining about the halfpipe. There is a ton of other terrain they can rip on besides that. Is not like any of these guys are doing cork 720's ten feet above the lip. They ride about half way up the wall and fall down. JUST SHUT UP AND RIDE.

Happy turns.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    I got into the halfpipe argument with SOD last year. It basically comes down to the fact that hed rather see the snowmaking on other trails on the mountain.
    Thank you. It's not that I don't want them to never blow snow on the pipe just make sure the rest of the mountain gets it's share as well. That pipe can hog the guns sometimes.