Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ????????

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavolion
    hes a wet blanket
    i have a reply...but, as a well respected upstanding citizen of this forum i will bite my tongue and be the better person for it!

in other words he's got nuttin'!

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    in other words he's got nuttin'!
    buddy, i neva have nuttin'!

back to the orginal thread

get a protractor and use a ski pole. take multiple readings on the slope and your question will be answered! i am willing to bet that you'll be surprised at how low the angle is. i used to take readings a lot out west and always expected it to be steeper. a few spots in taos were in the high 40's degrees...average. you'll always find a few short sections that were steeper or near vert. typically, it was the run out, tightness, or trees that would make it feel steeper.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw
    back to the orginal thread

get a protractor and use a ski pole. take multiple readings on the slope and your question will be answered! i am willing to bet that you'll be surprised at how low the angle is. i used to take readings a lot out west and always expected it to be steeper. a few spots in taos were in the high 40's degrees...average. you'll always find a few short sections that were steeper or near vert. typically, it was the run out, tightness, or trees that would make it feel steeper.

Yup I am going to pack my protracor. MHMM. You brought a protractor out with you. I hope you are making that up cause that is just yag

dude, i am not making that up. wtf is mhmm? anyway, i skied everyday for many yrs out west. when u do that you end up skiing ob more and more. that equals avi's or potential to be in one. every single guy you see skiing big mtn stuff in movies, rags and anywhere else has a very good idea of what the slope degree is that they are on. they also know the snow pack. it all goes hand in hand. for several seasons i tracked the type of snow crystal, amount, winds and weather before and after. now, i wasn't over the top about it, but i did note it and tried to be aware.

im still alive so it was worth it.

OK take it back a knotch. So did you have a pocket protector to keep your protractor in? I am not that ambitious.

hahahaha! no! i dont even remember how to read a real protractor. i just have one of those magnetic based round dial ones. slap her on da pole and instant reading. close enough...[/img]

where would one buy

one of those magnetic based, round dial ones ?

quick web search...any hardware store or sears
    http://www.wttool.com/product-exec/p...tic_Protractor