why can't i delete posts anymore part deux

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    is that because i used that function to.........delete posts??
    Not sure what you mean, Willy.
    i mean that i used to be able to delete a prior post that i made - now i can't. for instance, after you moved my posts to wherever you wanted i went back to those posts (in their new location) and deleted them. That was just this morning. now i can't do that - it's no longer an option. why? it seems that i'm only allowed the option of deleting posts as long as i don't delete posts. it's through the looking glass stuff you've got goin' on here greggy. hookah smoking caterpillars.

Re: why can't i delete posts anymore part deux

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    is that because i used that function to.........delete posts??
    Not sure what you mean, Willy.
    i mean that i used to be able to delete a prior post that i made - now i can't. for instance, after you moved my posts to wherever you wanted i went back to those posts (in their new location) and deleted them. That was just this morning. now i can't do that - it's no longer an option. why? it seems that i'm only allowed the option of deleting posts as long as i don't delete posts. it's through the looking glass stuff you've got goin' on here greggy. hookah smoking caterpillars.

WHAT? I think you need to share the smoke willy.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Please stop creating new threads on the same subject. So you mean you used to be able to make a post, then delete it, but now you can't? Not sure, but it probably has something to do with some sort of different permissions that get applied as it's moved to the new forum. I'll look into it.
    Greg

what? do you just make this shit up as you go along? puh-lease. you know you took away the delete function. it's got nothing to do with whether the thread had been moved or not. i can't delete posts that were moved. i can't delete posts that were not moved. i just can't delete posts. i could delete posts this morning. and i did. it pissed you off so you took away that function. that's what happened. why not admit it? embarrassed? you should be.

what? do you just make this s*** up as you go along? puh-lease. you know you took away the delete function. it's got nothing to do with whether the thread had been moved or not. i can't delete posts that were moved. i can't delete posts that were not moved. i just can't delete posts. i could delete posts this morning. and i did. it pissed you off so you took away that function. that's what happened. why not admit it? embarrassed? you should be.
    I certainly wouldn't be embarassed. If I did change something like that I'd be upfront about it. I certainly wouldn't be compelled to hide something like that from you.

Anyway, I logged in with a test account and could delete my own posts (moved and not moved) just fine. Must be something you're doing wrong. Are you trying to delete a locked thread?
    Greg