View Poll Results: Do we need a Miscellaneous forum?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 46.15%
  • No

7 53.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do we need a Miscellaneous forum?

Please vote in the poll and discuss in this thread.
    Greg

Definitely not. For all of the reasons stated above about trip reports. Too much fragmentation and furthermore it's hard to build up a community feeling without silly banter. I love silly banter!

Yes. Read post about keeping skiing forums for skiing.
    (perhaps some what a more focused community on skiing that might not have as many inside jokes)

I vote a strong yes for this one.

A perfect example of why I think that is a thread S4L started titled Whiteface Willy and HPD. He did this to make fun of an alcohol-fueled episode between myself WFWilly and a rock wall. It’s really only funny to those who know us. No one else would care and those looking for WF/Gore info would find it just a nuisance.. I liked the thread, but moved it to Misc. as soon as we got that forum.

I think there is a place for inside joke threads, but it sure isn’t in the center ring of the circus. Misc. is perfect, those who want to fool around like that will know where to go, others who don’t won’t have to be subjected to it.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl50
    Yes. Read post about keeping skiing forums for skiing.
    (perhaps some what a more focused community on skiing that might not have as many inside jokes)
    Inside joke do not track well but it's hard to keep them out when I group who knows each other outside the forum, gets together inside the forum. If you asked, I'd bet you'd be let in on the joke. And if you meet up with the FacePack (I'm the first to coin this term in referring to us nuts jobs who ski together @ the Face) the jokes would be that much funnier.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper
    FacePack
    FacePack?

That is corney. I might have to add that to the word censor list...
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper
    FacePack
    FacePack?

That is corney. I might have to add that to the word censor list...
    That's my shocked face. This whole thing seems corney at times but corney and be funny. Start a poll to see if others think it's corney poll man.

facepack strikes me as what happened when I tried to turn for the first time. Face pack full of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl50
    facepack strikes me as what happened when I tried to turn for the first time. Face pack full of snow.
    See it's catching on.

i tied the vote!

I think its silly to have a misc forum. using the post HPD mentioned. I didnt care that it was on there. I read a little of it and i dont know the "inside joke" but it really didnt matter. i probably didnt read the whole thread, i stopped when i didnt care anymore.

same with the good friday fun wiht preacher--that was an inside joke between ghost and i and it was funny--so what?

you cant help but get a little personal when you are chatting with people you know. We all met through this forum.

good lord--relax!