View Poll Results: Is preserving the link from Whiteface.com important?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 90.91%
  • No

1 9.09%

Is preserving the link from Whiteface.com important?

This may seem a bit rhetorical, but I'm serious. Obviously, in order to maintain that link, we need to shape this place into a community that Whiteface wants to link to. I don't know all the history, but there was something about the old RSN they didn't like. Thoughts?
    Greg

I could give a rat's ass really. I don't want to purposely antagonize them but beyond that.....

Re: Is preserving the link from Whiteface.com important?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    This may seem a bit rhetorical, but I'm serious. Obviously, in order to maintain that link, we need to shape this place into a community that Whiteface wants to link to. I don't know all the history, but there was something about the old RSN they didn't like. Thoughts?
    They didn't like the flame wars (I'm guilty of starting a bunch) and they didn't like some of the neagtive comments toward the mountain. Not the "IceFace" stuff but other comments that went beyond the call of duty. But I voted yes and fill it's important that the best ski area in the east have it's open forum.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

I'm all about preserving the link.
    I think that people talking about what is going on in a real truthful fashion can only help them. If people say a life is slow or it happens to be bad conditions and people have realisitic expectations when the show up they will enjoy the mountain more. Nothing like getting somewhere thinking it's going to powder everwhere and finding half the mountain closed for lack of snow.

I think it brings in new blood and we need that. Keep the link.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

its not to me, but it should be to whiteface. i really dont care. i would like to have visitors able to have their questions asked, but they can also call whiteface. whatever WF prefers.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    I think it brings in new blood and we need that. Keep the link.
    Exactly. The link is how i got involved
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

How could anyone say no, If not for WF I don't think half of us would be here. The one thing we all agree on is we love to ski and love the ADK's and Whiteface
    Grab The Bull By The Horns And Point 'Em Down Hill Baby!!!!!!!!!

Of course, you'd have to be brain dead to say no. If you don't like it go ski at Gore