View Poll Results: Do we need separate trip report forums for Gore/Whiteface?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 50.00%
  • No

6 50.00%

Do we need separate trip report forums for Gore/Whiteface?

Please vote in the poll and discuss in this thread.
    Greg

No. I like a "cafeteria" approach: Open the forum and see if there are any threads that interest you. Too much fragmentation can just be a turn off or cause people to miss stuff entirely that they would have used/enjoyed. Another problem is when does a "thread about whiteface" become a "trip report"? What if it's both? What if it's 75/25? who decides (and why would would they want to)? I think a good convention to use is, if you're gonna post about a trip to the mountain your thread should be titled "TR: Whiteface November 27" or something like that. Everybody knows what that thread is about and they can read it or not. A trip report to whiteface IS about whiteface, isn't it? How fine do you want to slice this thing?

I agree- keep the Trip Reports as is- people therefore could also include reports on backcountry trips in the 'dacks...

Bump. Please vote in the poll if you haven't yet.
    Greg