Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

planning on opening?

so heard that this Saturday (the 17th) is the target opening date. looks like a good weather for it! http://www.weather.com/outlook/recre...6hr_topnav_ski
    send it!

I don't think there is anyway they could be open this weekend.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Well I am sensing the sarcasm. But im not worried about them opening up this weekend, or nexxt because they wont because our weather right now sucks. The cold will come, and the snow will follow- it's still going to be a good season no worries
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

no way. not till december 1st i predict.
    --------------------------

fight for a good park.

I am giving gore around a 35 percent chance of being open thanksgiving weekend. Starting this weekend they will be able to make snow, and all of next week looks good for snowmaking. There even may be some help from mother nature during the middle of next week but that its way to early to make any calls.

Patience children.... this too will pass

I predict we won't ski Gore Mountain until December. Whiteface until post-Thanksgiving...

Killington, Mount Snow, Stowe, all give me little to no hope. Forget this Indian Summer and FOOOOOOUK Global warming.

Killington is claiming they'll be ready by the thankgiving holiday week, and whiteface is projecting the 24th...only problem is that NOWHERE is blowing snow, and all are saying they'll start back up again this weekend....ehhhhh.

if i dont get to ride before december im going to be pissed.
    --------------------------

fight for a good park.

Gore's website has a great photo of the top of the TopRidge Chair with snowmaking.. looks good for them getting open Friday or Saturday...They even turned on the guns coming down wildair and in the base.